feeder pin help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

feeder pin help

I know that the 16 ft panels are the preferred choice but has anyone used something like this??? http://m.tractorsupply.com/en/store/...ga-filler-wire

330 ft roll for $135 4 ft tall..... sure could save same $$$$ using this route.... opinions??

You'll just have a trade off in $$ for T-posts to keep it taught and standing. That's why most use the Cattle panels.

10 panels @ 19.99 and 22 5' T-posts @ 3.99 will run you $288

$135 for your roll plus 40 t-posts will run you $295.. On top of needing to run a tension cable on the bottom woven through to keep the pigs from getting under.
    Last edited by thorshammer; 08-08-2014, 04:29 PM.

Comment

1 role of barbed wire at lowes $42... 22 tposts 3.99 88 role of wire tie $5 cheap and works great thats how I did mine.

Comment

I use six twenty foot panels and 12 t-post works great. The net wire is rough to deal with plus like was said all the extra t-post to keep it tight

Comment

Think the money some would save gets eatin up after all the labor and head aches! My feeder pens are cattle panel and have not touch then since I put them up! IMO! But I do understand needing to save little $!

Comment

I think pigs would find their way through that before long.

Comment

feeder pin help

Firstly I would look for 42" wire...47" is bordering on too tall for me... .

We have a few out west and they are a little more labor labor intensive but labor is free. The oldest one I helped build was a buddy's in 2009 and the only thing we've had to do was put a couple of turns on the turnbuckle that holds the single strand of barbwire at the top we used as a tensioner. The "goat wire" hasn't needed anything. We got lucky and found a stack of used Tposts for 1.50 each.

My favorite blind's pen is probably 9-10 years old. It was built a couple of years before I joined and still going strong. They have held up great but we don't have any pigs.... Just ornery cows and a few goats.

That all being said we also have cattle panel pens and they are by far easier to move and keep. The goat panel pens are pretty much there to stay unless you want to roll wire...
              Last edited by Smart; 08-09-2014, 06:13 AM.

Comment

I used that material in Mexico and was sadly disappointed. It didn't keep the hogs and javelins out they just pushed right under. I now use panels and t-post and **** glad with the results...

Comment

Working...
                X