December PHOTO CONTEST # 136 - Entry Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

December PHOTO CONTEST # 136 - Entry Thread

The photo contest theme for the month of December is….

“Anything that you love"

* This is the Entry thread.

*One submission per person.

*Photo must be taken during the month of December.

▼ Contest Rules ▼

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...37&postcount=1

Best of Luck!

Lesto!
    Lesto!!

My two loves.

Comment

Son and grandson
      Attached Files

Comment

I was sitting on the stand last week at my in-laws place when I heard the all too familiar sound of a wood duck twisting and turning through the treetops right at first light. This caught me off guard because I had never seen birds on their property before, but over the course of the next half hour or so that first pair was joined by a couple dozen more on the tank I was hunting over. I stayed on the stand until they jumped off the water and when I got back the house my son was waiting to hear how the hunt went. I told him about what I saw and asked him if he wanted to help build a duck blind after lunch to which he responded "why do we have to wait until lunch?" So we loaded up in the Mule and headed to the back of the property, it didn't take too long for us to get a proper pile of sticks and grass assembled under an old deadfall and the next morning we were in the "blind" on his first duck hunt. The birds put on quite the show and his eyes were filled with amazement at the acrobatic display as birds turned hard over the tops of the oaks to drop into the pond. I only pulled the trigger twice that morning but it will be a hunt I'll remember for the rest of my life. I was fortunate enough to snap this shot after the first flight was over, it was pretty cool to capture the look on his face waiting for the next wave of birds to come in.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1842.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	68.2 KB
ID:	24477937
        Last edited by agtex42; 12-31-2016, 04:24 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the entries. Holidays are always slow. I'm gonna have to give it to agtex42. Congratulations!!
          Lesto!!

Comment

I hear you on the holiday impact, only reason I had one to post was my BIL has Lightroom and I was able to download my card on the road. Thanks for the nod and I'll try to get something posted up here shortly for the next one!

Comment

Good deal. I'll sticky when you get it posted.
              Lesto!!

Comment

Working...
              X