<<< mathews owners FYI>>>

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<<< mathews owners FYI>>>

while i was at the shop today a guy brought a z7 in with a 27.5" cam in ans said that the screw had fallen out of the module causing the bow to lock up at full draw. while i was there a tech talked to a guy at mathews and he said that they had received a bad batch of counter-sunk screws. when the screw is tightened it bottoms out because the angle on the screw doen not match that of the mating surface on the cam. not hating on mathews, i own one......just a cautious reminder to check your equipment!

Thanks for the warning. Did they say if this was limited to any particular models, or the time frame this defective batch occurred?

Comment

nope, this is just what i overheard when the shop tech was talking to the rep. the rep told the shop to destory the cam and they would send a replacement. i think that the fastener in question is probably used in several models on at least the z-line but i'm not sure. this particular fastener is installed into the cam using loc-tite so it should never back out. however, if the mating angles of the countersunk head and cam are not in agreement then torque values maybe be hit without the union seating all the way.

Comment

Which Z7?

Comment

Originally posted by Rather_B_Fishin View Post
          Which Z7?
          Sorry answered my own question reading your second post.

Comment

That would be a scary ride to the bow shop.

Comment

the dude let it down some how becasue he had it in the case when he showed up. i guess he figured something out quick. but they installed a new cam and he shot it that day without missing a beat. the fastener in question is one of the small allen head screws with the tamper proof tit inside it so it only accepts a certain head. i mean its not really a "module" since the cam is draw length specific and cant be adjusted, just didn't know what else to call it but i think you guys get the idea.

Comment

Originally posted by peacockoutdoors View Post
                That would be a scary ride to the bow shop.
                You're dang right it would!!

Thanks for the heads up!!

Comment

Working...
                X