• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good looking stick!!

Comment

elk

Originally posted by TWP View Post
      I hope so, we will be ready to roll on the 15th!!! Can’t wait!
      20's in the mountains last night and 37 here in town, maybe a skiff of snow up there. Good rain last 2 days and more this week.
      The elk are ready for fall!!

Comment

I hope I have enough dang clothes! Going to be a bit chilly for sure, especially with all this rucking I've been doing in 100 degree weather. Might freeze to death.

Originally posted by wytex View Post
        20's in the mountains last night and 37 here in town, maybe a skiff of snow up there. Good rain last 2 days and more this week.
        The elk are ready for fall!!

Comment

Nice bow! Very pretty

Comment

TWP...your arrows...what are you shooting?...weight...tips...etc. Particularly...your feathers...are they a wrap with the feathers attached or just yellow feathers glued on top of yellow wraps? Thanks.

Good luck en las montanas.

Comment

I was going to go POC or footed Douglas Fir like my hero Bisch, but went another direction instead.

They are Carbon Express Maxima Reds, these arrows are a lot lighter than what I’m used to, about 520-530, but I’m only shooting 56 lbs on this bow. The back ends are bohning wraps with two barred and one solid 5” shield cut feathers.

I am shooting awful good with it right now. I shot my first trad Robin Hood a couple days ago at 40 yards. It was the weirdest thing, heard a click and thought I may have popped a nock off. Got up there and it was a Robin Hood, used to get pumped for that stuff, now it just costs money.

QUOTE=Briar Friar;13584962]TWP...your arrows...what are you shooting?...weight...tips...etc. Particularly...your feathers...are they a wrap with the feathers attached or just yellow feathers glued on top of yellow wraps? Thanks.

Good luck en las montanas.[/QUOTE]

Comment

That’s one good looking stick!

Comment

Originally posted by TWP View Post
                  I was going to go POC or footed Douglas Fir like my hero Bisch, but went another direction instead.
                  Those wood arrows do real well in a burn pit!!!!!

Sounds like you are ready for bear........or elk, or whatever other kind of critter!

Bisch

Comment

TWP...cool. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That's $$$ in the trashcan!

Good shooting!

Bisch

Comment

However cool...it looks painful...and expensive. I wish I had your problem. I remember when I did have that problem with a wheel bow...then like you said TWP...it gets old quick. At one point I gave myself target panic from being too accurate and being afraid of busting arrows.

What is your total arrow weight, foc, broadhead weight, draw weight, arrow length, spine, etc? I reckon youre setup to slay elk...?

Comment

Oh man, I have met guys who have literally killed everything in North America and they don't care about arrow weight, FOC, grains per pound of draw weight ect. Seems like everyone who kills a ton of critters agree that the most important thing is arrow flight. I personally agree with them.

On this particular bow and hunt, I will be shooting a longbow with 50@28" that I draw to a smidge over 30". The arrows are full length Carbon Express Maxima 250s, with factory inserts and three 5" feathers and 200 grain heads. The full deal is only 520 grains I believe. These arrows are pretty weak spined for me, but this bow is cut just before center and these are what the bowyer suggested, so that is what I'm going to use for this year. They flight like absolute darts, but the arrows themselves are NOT very tough, don't go shooting rocks with these.

I shoot a smaller width cut on contact 200 grain single bevel head made by VPA for the guys at RMSGear. I have no idea what my FOC is, it is funny how many people care about this who haven't killed many critters vs the people who have no idea what their FOC is and kill everything in sight. I spent 4 hours at the shop this summer at RMSGear, and it was hilarious how many phone calls they got with folks asking about Extreme FOC. I'm not saying to not shoot a heavy point, but there is a point of diminishing returns there, especially if you don't know how to tune.

This bow likes a 7" brace with my top nocking point being 5/8" above center.

Not sure if that helps or not, but that is about as detailed as I get with this stuff.

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                            However cool...it looks painful...and expensive. I wish I had your problem. I remember when I did have that problem with a wheel bow...then like you said TWP...it gets old quick. At one point I gave myself target panic from being too accurate and being afraid of busting arrows.

What is your total arrow weight, foc, broadhead weight, draw weight, arrow length, spine, etc? I reckon youre setup to slay elk...?

Comment

Nice ride.

Comment

Awesome! Detailed enough TWP. Sounds like it came about organically. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Working...
                                X