Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not a mond fan. But who else in the sec has a PROVEN better QB? Trask or whatever from UF, nix? Maybe bama but he only played a few games. And they don’t need a qb to win.

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
      Lost to auburn, bama, LSU, and beat ole miss an arky by a combined 10 pts....

They’ve got them all again [emoji2371]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I'd say 9-3 to 8-4. That's not a bad season.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
        I'd say 9-3 to 8-4. That's not a bad season.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

If Ags go 9-3 or worse next year which is very doable this place is gonna be gloomy

Comment

Originally posted by Aqckdude View Post
          I am not a mond fan. But who else in the sec has a PROVEN better QB? Trask or whatever from UF, nix? Maybe bama but he only played a few games. And they don’t need a qb to win.

Mons proven he can’t do it I’d rather roll the dice on every other starting qb in the Sec

Comment

Originally posted by Aqckdude View Post
            Whoever Leach trots out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
              #newcarsmell #longestlasting

Yall look good on paper

Comment

Excited to see the Pirate back in the mix, he **** sure makes things interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar_HOYT View Post
                  Excited to see the Pirate back in the mix, he **** sure makes things interesting.
                  Good coach. Gets the most out of his players.

Comment

The Oline was a bigger problem than Mond. Mond showed he can play at a high level against LSU and Clemson 2 years ago. I would say last year he lost his confidence mostly due to horrible offense line play especially at the start of the season. Weren't they one of the most sacked teams in SEC?

Ellinger was having some rough games last year as well when Texas's o-line was getting beat.

I bet he does well next year if given consistent protection and they utilize his legs more.

Comment

Who would not be excited about prospects for next season the day following the last signing day. If you’re not looking forward to opening kickoff you might be a soccer fan.

Comment

Originally posted by 17ncs View Post
                        Who would not be excited about prospects for next season the day following the last signing day. If you’re not looking forward to opening kickoff you might be a soccer fan.
                        If I wanted to watch guys struggled to score for 90 minutes I'd take my friends to the bar

Comment

Originally posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
                          If I wanted to watch guys struggled to score for 90 minutes I'd take my friends to the bar

My favorite Joe Namath quote was when he was getting ready to leave the Batchelors III at 2 a.m. with girl that was not nearly pushing a 10. His buddy asked him, you're not taking her home are you? Joe looked back at him and said, you don't think Miss America is getting ready to walk in, do you?

Comment

Mons proven he can’t do it I’d rather roll the dice on every other starting qb in the Sec

Per most preseason publications in 2019 Mond, coming off somewhat of a breakout (if not inconsistent) sophomore season, was ranked 2-3 spots ahead of Burrow, coming off an average-to-inconsistent first season in Baton Rouge. Debatably, Mond was probably considered to have a higher upside at the time. Of course, who would have predicted that Burrow would have an all-time great QB senior season that he had - even from the most die-hard of Tiger fans?

I'm not saying Mond is capable of that kind of season, but he has shown to be a capable SEC QB. I think most of his drop off last season is attributable to no help from the OL (in the pass or run game) or his receivers, which over the long term led to a loss of confidence and probably some normally uncharacteristic mistakes. Either way, I think Jimbo is committed to riding with Mond unless things go completely off the rails for him early.

The question remains how much the OL can improve (there is some young talent that can hopefully be developed quickly) and how much they can get from the RB position to alleviate some of the pressure on the QB - no matter who the QB is. (Hopefully receiver/TE will be a position of offensive strength next season.)

Of course, there is a lot to be optimistic about defensively. There is experienced talent and good depth at most positions on defense.
                            My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                              Per most preseason publications in 2019 Mond, coming off somewhat of a breakout (if not inconsistent) sophomore season, was ranked 2-3 spots ahead of Burrow, coming off an average-to-inconsistent first season in Baton Rouge. Debatably, Mond was probably considered to have a higher upside at the time. Of course, who would have predicted that Burrow would have an all-time great QB senior season that he had - even from the most die-hard of Tiger fans?

I'm not saying Mond is capable of that kind of season, but he has shown to be a capable SEC QB. I think most of his drop off last season is attributable to no help from the OL (in the pass or run game) or his receivers, which over the long term led to a loss of confidence and probably some normally uncharacteristic mistakes. Either way, I think Jimbo is committed to riding with Mond unless things go completely off the rails for him early.

The question remains how much the OL can improve (there is some young talent that can hopefully be developed quickly) and how much they can get from the RB position to alleviate some of the pressure on the QB - no matter who the QB is. (Hopefully receiver/TE will be a position of offensive strength next season.)

Of course, there is a lot to be optimistic about defensively. There is experienced talent and good depth at most positions on defense.

Apples to oranges This is year 4 for mond the difference was burrow improved mond didn’t...

So is that mond or coaching that has him regressing?

Comment

Apples to oranges This is year 4 for mond the difference was burrow improved mond didn’t...

So is that mond or coaching that has him regressing?

Read again. He said o-line. Mond took a beating at the start of the season.
                                Last edited by JeffK; 02-06-2020, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X