No announcement yet.

I learned the origin of a tagged doe that frequents our place

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very cool! My dad has about 12-15 that come up in his backyard. He can walk out and get within a few yards of them as long as he has the corn bucket. Its not uncommon to be sitting outside in the outdoor kitchen with either the surround sound on or the TV on and have all the deer less than 10 yards away.

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
      [ATTACH]905228[/ATTACH]
      That's cool. I got 2 up and comers in the yard now, axis doe fawns.
      Attached Files

Comment

This guy has been coming around since he was a baby! 3 yrs now.
        Attached Files

Comment

I've raised prolly close to a hundred fawns over the last 40 years. Wildest one I ever had was an Axis buck fawn. We found him half frozen Christmas Eve night. He wouldn't let you touch him at all, would take the bottle, then run off.

Comment

I once was sitting in a stand overlooking a cut lane in some thick bush and had 8 does come through, each with a different color collar on! It was different to say the least!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
              [ATTACH]905228[/ATTACH]
              That's cool. I got 2 up and comers in the yard now, axis doe fawns.
              Attached Files
              Last edited by bukkskin; 04-19-2018, 04:16 PM.

Comment

In Highschool I had a group of about 20 that would come eat out of my hand. We had a deer feeder set up about 75yds behind the house. When the feeder would go off I would shake a metal coffee full of corn and when the deer would start show up I would shake the can softly and corn out around me and sit down. Took me about three months but they eventually would come to me and eat out of my hand and let me pet them. Nobody else could do it only me

Comment

Good thread BK!

Comment

Way cool

Comment

My dad had a fawn that followed him to the stand one day and stayed to eat the hand corn he spread. After several days of the fawn following him he started bringing a zip lock bag just for the fawn. He called him little buddy. Dad would talk to him every morning he was at the lease and give him his special bag of corn. Dad watched him grow over the next few years and little buddy turned into a nice 8pt. One turkey season dad mad himself a brush blind close to his feeder. Little buddy had got his corn then stood next to the brush blind the whole time dad was in it. Dad put a picture of him in his stand and told the other hunters not to shoot him. Noone ever did. Every time dad went to his stand, little buddy was there waiting for him for a couple more years. We list the lease and little buddy was there when we loaded up dads stand and feeder.

Comment

Originally posted by DEG View Post
                        My dad had a fawn that followed him to the stand one day and stayed to eat the hand corn he spread. After several days of the fawn following him he started bringing a zip lock bag just for the fawn. He called him little buddy. Dad would talk to him every morning he was at the lease and give him his special bag of corn. Dad watched him grow over the next few years and little buddy turned into a nice 8pt. One turkey season dad mad himself a brush blind close to his feeder. Little buddy had got his corn then stood next to the brush blind the whole time dad was in it. Dad put a picture of him in his stand and told the other hunters not to shoot him. Noone ever did. Every time dad went to his stand, little buddy was there waiting for him for a couple more years. We list the lease and little buddy was there when we loaded up dads stand and feeder.
                        That’s one of the saddest things I’ve read today. Like having to leave your dog at the lease.

Comment

Really cool y’all! Haven’t ever seen any that tame.

Comment

Cool thread. I have to admit, i would probably shoot somebody's tame dear if it was mature and not marked so that i would know or had pics of it. I liked the "COW" on both sides idea lol if i saw that deer step out i would just take 30 pics to prove it when i told the story lol

Comment

Our neighbor is a vet tech and the rehab person for Burnet and Lampasas counties. We have around 20 does and bucks that she has bottle fed and released. She tags them so that all the neighbors know that they will walk right up to you, so don’t shoot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0852.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	104.0 KB
ID:	24538168Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0920.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	24538169Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0690.jpg