Trump attempting to Legalize.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wonder how the left could spin this if he succeeds? Looks like he's going to attempt to pull the feds out of it and leave it up to the states. I have been pro legalization for a while....I'm just ready to get it off the table once and for all. And gay marriage as well. Bigger fish to fry.

Hope he gets it done.
    I am tired of spending money locking up folks that are only hurting themselves.
    That said
    I have to wonder how the Dems will find something wrong with him doing it.

Comment

He had lost me after the spending bill, he will gain favor with me for this but wont win me back completely. Throw Hillary in jail and we are friends again.

Comment

So if / when every state adopts the legalization measures, will the prisons be able to release the non-violent offenders that may have been prosecuted?

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
          So if / when every state adopts the legalization measures, will the prisons be able to release the non-violent offenders that may have been prosecuted?
          Good question....wonder what we did after prohibition?

Comment

I would hope they would be released immediately on probation if non violent. It was illegal at the time and sending a message that the prosecutions do not count anymore would open up the govt to lawsuits.

Comment

Time will tell.

If it was for simple possession for personal use, I'd be cool with them being released (Which I doubt anyone is in Prison for simple possession to begin with).

Is it safe to say the large majority serving time in prison for weed was transporting and distributing large quantities? Most also had other charges filed at the same time, like possession of a fire arm while committing other crimes.

It ain't cut and dry to say yes or no.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                Time will tell.

If it was for simple possession for personal use, I'd be cool with them being released (Which I doubt anyone is in Prison for simple possession to begin with).

Is it safe to say the large majority serving time in prison for weed was transporting and distributing large quantities? Most also had other charges filed at the same time, like possession of a fire arm while committing other crimes.

It ain't cut and dry to say yes or no.
                You are correct. I did some research about this a while back just out of curiosity. Those "10 years for one joint!" stories we all used to hear are a thing of the past, to what degree they were ever true at all. I saw a recent headline "Man gets 12 years just for selling weed!" The guy in question was that trucking company owner from El Paso that was shipping tons of the stuff. There are very few people in prison for whom mere possession was their most serious offense unless they had bales of it. There is credence to the argument that it is a giant waste of resources to jail people for having a baggie of weed in their car, but as long as the law is on the books how can you just not enforce it? Texas will be one of the last states to come around on legalization but I also think it will happen eventually.
                Last edited by jerp; 04-16-2018, 01:47 PM.

Comment

As soon as they come up with a reliable test for employers to use determining if a person is under the influence on the job I will support legalization.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                    As soon as they come up with a reliable test for employers to use determining if a person is under the influence on the job I will support legalization.

put some munchies in the break room with a trail cam. question all those that partake

Comment

Hope not

Comment

How many people who are willing to smoke at work are abstaining from it now because it’s illegal?

Comment

I got a question:

How do you feel, what do you think of workers that have a margarita or two, or maybe a couple of beers while at lunch?

Wait... another question:

How does anyone doing either one effect your workday - or your life in general?
                          Honest questions; not trying to be argumentative.

Bob Lee
                          Last edited by boblee; 04-16-2018, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by boblee View Post
                            I got a question:

How do you feel, what do you think of workers that have a margarita or two, or maybe a couple of beers while at lunch?

Wait... another question:

How does anyone doing either one affect your workday - or your life in general?

Bob Lee

Depends on the job. Wouldn’t want my crane operator coming back from lunch after having a couple of margaritas. I also would want my surgeon smoking a joint then coming in to do surgery. I’m all for legalizing weed but think there should be a test in place just like with alcohol. Wouldn’t want someone to think it’s ok to wake and bake then roll into the office.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This is a legal mess in states that have legalized pot. The California Supreme Court ruled that an employee can be fired for using pot - even off the job - even though it is legal. Testing is problematic because unlike with alcohol it only proves you used at some point in the last couple of days. It is a real problem in pot-legal states especially since edibles became so available. Then you have the problem that some employees have a prescription for it. Insurance companies are freaking out about it. In my view an employer has a right to require no drugs or alcohol can be in your system during the workday. How is that remotely controversial ?

Comment

Working...
                              X