Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey Oilfield Guys!!

[quote=bphillips;9663393]Hammer down and bust *** pumping? Can't help but LOL at that

It likely won't trickle down to you though like was said. That's usually what I go do if I get laid off from the drilling side. Once they're producing somebody has to look after them so it's pretty safe [/

Yup

Comment

My dad has been pumping since the 80s and never been out of work with it. My brother has been last 10yrs for his contract pumping business. Stable can be important when it comes to oil unless you make 300-400k AND save enough to weather the storm.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
        So there is no truth the rumor of them sending all consultants and Contruction folks home just last week?

I've heard the same rumors. I trust my company to make the right decisions to stay afloat and weather the storm.

Comment

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
          With all these rigs stacking, prices will go back up sooner than later. I know wells in the eagle ford deplete fairly quickly and after that, the amount of wells ready for production will be less than what we had a few months ago. That'll cut the supply and hopefully the low prices and the already confirmed increased purchases of trucks and suv's will help with the demand and we'll be right back in the saddle again.
          Realistically it could probably get oil back in the 60s but its not going to get oil back at $100. Still lots more production than demand.

Comment

Originally posted by cosmiccowboy View Post
            Realistically it could probably get oil back in the 60s but its not going to get oil back at $100. Still lots more production than demand.
            That's all I need. I don't make anymore at $100 vs $60. $60 is plenty high enough to keep us all busy so that's fine by me. And I agree. Don't think we'll see $100 for quite a while.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
              Only for the folks who wanted it to slow down. You got your wish. Now you don't have a job.

Skinny, how long have you been in the O&G business? I'm in the midstream side. It affects us. It'll affect you too. It's good to bust ***. And I too save just like you but I wouldn't believe my boss if he said it won't affect you. Good luck to y'all. EOG is letting go of a ton of folks.
              On a marathon location right now.
              Last edited by JMalin; 01-21-2015, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Hey Oilfield Guys!!

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                Only for the folks who wanted it to slow down. You got your wish. Now you don't have a job.

Skinny, how long have you been in the O&G business? I'm in the midstream side. It affects us. It'll affect you too. It's good to bust ***. And I too save just like you but I wouldn't believe my boss if he said it won't affect you. Good luck to y'all. EOG is letting go of a ton of folks.

I've been pumping for three years...but not sure what that has to do with anything. Whether I've been pumping three months or three years doesn't matter...I've always followed the oil and gas industry and I am plenty familiar with its ups and downs.

My boss hasn't said anything to me...besides produce every bbl you can, sell every bbl you can, and minimize downtime on wells....which is the same thing I was told to do the day I was hired on and oil was above $80 then.

I'm ready for a pay cut or whatever. If it's coming it'll come. I'll be ready to go make oil just like I did the day before.

I'm done posting to this thread. I wish you all luck and you'll be in our thoughts and prayers.

Be safe.
                Last edited by Skinny; 01-21-2015, 08:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BowOnly81 View Post
                  That's all I need. I don't make anymore at $100 vs $60. $60 is plenty high enough to keep us all busy so that's fine by me. And I agree. Don't think we'll see $100 for quite a while.
                  Problem is the $60 is still a few years down the road barring war in the Middle East. The wells providing the oversupply are already drilled and producing.

Comment

Pumped for years. Been in the patch for 35 yrs. This thread makes me laugh.

Comment

Problem is the $60 is still a few years down the road barring war in the Middle East. The wells providing the oversupply are already drilled and producing.
                      Many of the wells that are providing the oversupply are on a very steep production decline, so provided new wells aren't drilled to replace that decline, it won't be too long before supply is down. Most Eagle Ford wells lose 80% of their monthly production in a year.

Comment

It will return to 60 or above before that timing of a few years.

Comment

Originally posted by JMalin View Post
                          On a marathon location right now.
                          I thought you got laid off? Maybe i misunderstood

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
                            I've been pumping for three years...but not sure what that has to do with anything. Whether I've been pumping three months or three years doesn't matter...I've always followed the oil and gas industry and I am plenty familiar with its ups and downs.

My boss hasn't said anything to me...besides produce every bbl you can, sell every bbl you can, and minimize downtime on wells....which is the same thing I was told to do the day I was hired on and oil was above $80 then.

I'm ready for a pay cut or whatever. If it's coming it'll come. I'll be ready to go make oil just like I did the day before.

I'm done posting to this thread. I wish you all luck and you'll be in our thoughts and prayers.

Be safe.
                            You seem to be getting defensive and i do not mean anything in a negative way so relax. I am in the exact same boat as you. I run a gas plant. If they lay us off its because we either screwed up, or stuff is really really bad. But they are cutting budgets like crazy and OT may slow down. I was only asking how long you have been in the business because i remember when you posted about getting hired on. Nothing more. I wish you luck as well and think you will be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Cold 1 View Post
                              Pumped for years. Been in the patch for 35 yrs. This thread makes me laugh.
                              which part?? Just curious...would it be the 5 figures of layoffs mentioned, the instability & posturing of Russia, Iran & Opec or your ability withstand adversity during the downswing of tx oil patch.

Just trying to get where you are coming from...some details would be nice in regards to what's humorous. Your post seems kinda snide without any follow up??

Comment

Production will be hit last and then they will cut out the company whiners. Some people will be forced to contract pumping and then they will cut out the ones that talk a good game but can't produce. If you are a hand you should be ok.

Comment

Working...
                                X