East Texas....Lake Hawkins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

East Texas....Lake Hawkins

Anybody in ET ever fish lake Hawkins? Got a wedding to attend in Big Sandy Saturday evening so thought about dragging my boat with me and fishing there during the day while the wife is helping with wedding stuff.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Water is Gin Clear and fishing can be good.

I liked using senkos, wacky rigs, and drop shot. Top water frogs can be good in the pads too.

Comment

Use the boat ramp on 2869, " North from hwy 80." Ramp is on the s.w. side of the road. This will put you where you need to be on the lake. Great fishing!!
      When in Big Sandy try Circle M for good sea food and COLD beer! $$

Comment

is it a good crappie lake? I have been wondering about it

Comment

Yes.

Comment

Great little lake, watch for underwater tree mines!
            Last edited by UncleBubba; 05-02-2018, 12:33 PM.

Comment

1/4 ounce white spinner bait for the pickerel, and hang on.

Comment

There used to be an old gator that lived on the West end of the lake, it was MASSIVE.

Comment

Still lots of gators!

Comment

Yep, lot's of gators, and bass, although I've never caught anything over 5lb out of there. Have seen some nice ones come out of there, but they elude me lol. I second Circle M. Best crawfish in this neck of the woods for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                      Yep, lot's of gators, and bass, although I've never caught anything over 5lb out of there. Have seen some nice ones come out of there, but they elude me lol. I second Circle M. Best crawfish in this neck of the woods for sure.
                      Much bigger are in there.

OP, if you can swing it, ditch Hawkins and go down the road to Holly Lake. That's a great lake. You will need to know someone to get you past Barney Fife though.

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
                        Use the boat ramp on 2869, " North from hwy 80." Ramp is on the s.w. side of the road. This will put you where you need to be on the lake. Great fishing!!
                        When in Big Sandy try Circle M for good sea food and COLD beer! $$
                        Is this the ramp at the RV park or the one on the north end. If it's the north end, where do you park? I've looked at aerial maps and not sure about the parking there.

BTW, thanks for the responses. I'll probably be fishing by myself, so if someone wants to go with me to show me around, all you need to bring is your fishing gear and a life jacket.

Comment

There is a ramp where I said on 2869 between 80 and 14. not an RV park, and you park next to the ramp. Holds about 6 trucks. 2869 crosses the lake at that point.

Comment

If this dang rain would stop, I'd be on the lake this evening.

Comment

Trash sack for rain coat!

Comment

Working...
                              X