How do you guys do it???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you guys do it???

I keep getting busted. I have deer blowing that I never see. Deer that I do see will not come into the hand corn. I wash clothes in Scent Killer, I spray down, wear rubber boots. What is the secret???

Are you hunting good winds? What kind of set up are you hunting?

Comment

What are you hunting from? Becareful what you spray down with, Dead Down Wind means just that, your action will be dead down wind.

Comment

I hope you get a good answer to this question. This is my first year bowhunting and we see the same deer everyday on the cams, but when I go out they NEVER show up. I feel like I may be doing too much scent control. I'm doing everything you're doing, and I also have the Kloak Mister, and I still can't get them to come. Oh I even walked out at 4:00am, in the rain, to see if I could conceal my noise and scent as I went to the stand......didn't help

Comment

I've had good luck with my Ozonics.

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
            What are you hunting from? Becareful what you spray down with, Dead Down Wind means just that, your action will be dead down wind.

Da** that's what I use. Recommendations?

Comment

I don't spray down. Put your hunting clothes in an empty apple flavored corn sack. This is my idea, trademark pending...

Hi AC [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Move.

I have one spot on the ranch that's unexplainable. I'm wild guessing some sort of wind taking my scent up and then back over where the wind is coming from.

Comment

Are you walking to the stand through bedding areas? Are you parking close to bedding areas? Don't be afraid of long, quiet walks into your hunting area!

Comment

Smoke your huntin clothes with whatever trees grows in your area. Makes a great cover scent.
                    Get you some of those floating wind checker, you may be real surprised where the current takes your scent.
                    Are you sure they are winding you perhaps its tour ATV or vehicle they are seeing or maybe they a cutting your trail you walk in on.
                    They could also be seeing you move , just because you don't see them doesn't mean they can't see you.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by U.S.ArmyRetired View Post
                      I keep getting busted. I have deer blowing that I never see. Deer that I do see will not come into the hand corn. I wash clothes in Scent Killer, I spray down, wear rubber boots. What is the secret???

It took me 5 years to get my first bow deer. I think most of my problem was getting busted. Once I built a blind that contained my scent, I connected. Before the blind, I used to smoke my cloths and sit out open in a tree stand. The smoke seemed to work and I passed on a couple of deer and missed a couple of deer. I don’t necessarily think it was all about scent, but I believe now that a large part of it was scent related.

I do believe that if I had hunted from a pop up, I would have connected sooner. Part of my problem was that I never put much stock in scent control...it took too much effort. Also, I grew up hunting south of Abilene. I could sit in a mesquite Bush and see tons of deer. Bow hunting takes extra care and preparation. If you’re not interested in doing the little things (that are actually huge), you’re in for tag soup every year.

Comment

On my way to the stand I snap off a cypress branch and rub down in that.

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
                          my thought exactly

Comment

I got stuck in a bad wind this weekend when it switched. The doe was a little hesitant but came right in and the buck had no care at all. And when I say bad wind, I mean right into her nose lol. I use about a bottle of the original ScentKiller every three sits or so.

Comment

I always step in a cow patty on the way to the stand.

DJ

Comment

Working...
                              X