Grapevine Harvest Log

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grapevine Harvest Log

Well it was my second year to hunt GV, and 0 kills to date. I have a friend who got a pig that would go around 300#s. Just curious how you guys made out. I know someone on this site took a 10 pt. and a doe. What about the rest of you GV hunters.

Originally posted by WesleyTex View Post
    Well it was my second year to hunt GV, and 0 kills to date. I have a friend who got a pig that would go around 300#s. Just curious how you guys made out. I know someone on this site took a 10 pt. and a doe. What about the rest of you GV hunters.
    Zero....there aren't any deer at that place.

Comment

I shot one blue wing teal.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorson View Post
        I shot one blue wing teal.
        Congrats on the Blue Wing! I had two hens and a drake land just out of my spread last weekend on the vine. I was about ready to charge them at a chance to take a blue. Lots of greens; very few blues.

J

Comment

Them blues are pretty rare I hear but good eating!

Comment

That was the first time I ever went out Duck hunting. I friend of mine who regularly hunts GV took me out. We paddled/drug a pirogue about a mile or so into some flooded areas.

We had two groups of them come in, for a total of about 30 birds. We were setup a little wrong so the first group did not commit. When the second group came in we did not take any chances for hem to fly away. When they got close enough we busted them. Well, we got one anyway.

I could not tell what they were until I got mine in the pirogue, but he said they were all blues.

Talk about exciting. Literally, it was a blast!

Comment

I did my best to avoid you guys out there during bow season, but a couple of you might have seen me and my girl Blaze. Now that Deer season is over I seem to have much better close places to hunt now so have not been back to GB since sometime before season closed.
              These are from the Vine this year.

Last edited by JvT; 01-11-2008, 08:54 PM.

Comment

Zero, -did find some good sheds!

Comment

No harvest for me this year. Two hunts on the ground. One shot at a doe at 20 yards. Shot high over her back. Just never made it out there this season.

Comment

Great shots of a dog at work, pirogue not a term that I would expect a great many to know up here....could you post up some pictures of your craft?

Comment

Zero....there aren't any deer at that place.
                      lol, connected on a doe this year, hunted 4 different counties and this was the only deer taken all year for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Rickzilla4645 View Post
                        , pirogue not a term that I would expect a great many to know up here....could you post up some pictures of your craft?
                        Well, actually it was my buddies, so I do not have any pictures of it. I intend on making one myself this summer.

Cajun Pirogue

Comment

Thorson...that would be a pirogue...the only thing it is missing are the top caps on both ends which are 6-8" long and is actually the built in seat..you would not think that you would be stable sitting up high on the very back end like that but once you get your water legs you will find that is the best seat in the house...you can zip right along..thanks for the link...looks like I will be building one too....Rick

Comment

I'm just going to stand in the corner and read this one.

Comment

Originally posted by JvT View Post
                              I did my best to avoid you guys out there during bow season, but a couple of you might have seen me and my girl Blaze. Now that Deer season is over I seem to have much better close places to hunt now so have not been back to GB since sometime before season closed.
                              These are from the Vine this year.

JvT, not many know what kind of fowl the first pic has in it. Congrats on the snipe. They are hard to connect on. I've taken quite few in my years. But only had one good day that I had a near limit. Got seven that day, thanks to the old dog I had, that would go to the opposite side of the clumps of reeds and flush them out my side. I spent 2 boxes of shells that day for those 7 birds. 1989

And congrats on the Hoodie too! Those things are great on the smoker!

Comment

Working...
                              X