Crappie withdrawals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bowhuntin_Toona View Post
    It looks like my withdrawals are never gonna end. Just accepted a position with Boeing in Helena, Montana. Walleye fishing is pretty good, though.
    Gonna miss you and mama.

But you always got a seat in my duck blind waiting for you.

The fish are biting. And there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!
    Last edited by Texas Grown; 08-02-2018, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Texoma was good to us today. 46 by noon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Stalker View Post

Heck yeah good job! What depth and colors? Man you have to do it quick I just can't do that heat anymore.

Comment

Good stuff! That's pretty much every report I've heard from there! Tons of fish just gotta work to find any size! Said depth and color didn't matter. Find brush. Catch crappie. Repeat. I get me some in 2 weeks! Hopefully find 7 big ones on that Sat!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by slicktricker View Post
            Heck yeah good job! What depth and colors? Man you have to do it quick I just can't do that heat anymore.

Today was nice for a change. Morning ride to spot was even a little chilly. Fish were holding on brush about 16 feet deep. White and chartreuse on a pink jig head was the ticket.[emoji6]

Comment

Well this trip we only caught maybe 5 dinks. The rest was all keeper size. Two over 14”.

Comment

Today was nice for a change. Morning ride to spot was even a little chilly. Fish were holding on brush about 16 feet deep. White and chartreuse on a pink jig head was the ticket.[emoji6]

Glad that color is still killin. I've been using that pattern brush gliders and doing real well.

Comment

Crappie withdrawals

Headed to Fork for a little fun tourney. Won't do any good but we will catch some fish I bet! Little man said he's gonna catch 5 over 2 today. If he can do that I'm gonna take naps and eat cookies and ask if it's time for weight in yet! I won't need to wet a jig!![emoji2]

Comment

who wants to take me!!!! i promise i'm decent company and dont bite.. hard..

ill bring the beer (or dr pepper if thats your thing), minners, all my own gear and pay for gas.. ppuuuhhhllleeaaasssseeeee....

Comment

2nd out of 41 teams. Lost to the best crappie fishermen in Texas and the best guide on Fork by one good bite! Had a blast and made some money! Caught fish all day. Just needed to cull a 1.32 with a 2lbr

Comment

Congrats Slew and crew! Your raking in the dough this year.

Comment

Congratulations on another solid finish and a paycheck for fishing. It doesn't get much better than that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post

2nd out of 41 teams. Lost to the best crappie fishermen in Texas and the best guide on Fork by one good bite! Had a blast and made some money! Caught fish all day. Just needed to cull a 1.32 with a 2lbr

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats Slew if you're keeping up with Paul and Jerry you know you're doing something right. How'd little man do?

Comment

Originally posted by slicktricker View Post
                                Congrats Slew if you're keeping up with Paul and Jerry you know you're doing something right. How'd little man do?

He was whipping us first thing! I gave him a 1/8oz jig and I was throwing 1/4oz in the same color at the same depth! He caught 2 and lost one before we got a bite! Needless to say my 1/4oz jigs got cut off early and I went with 1/8oz the rest of the day.

Another couple months they'll stomp that 1/4oz jig but summer time they get picky.

Comment

Working...
                                X