Amistad 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amistad 2018-19

Hunting regs for 18&19 are up guys and gals... Axis are fair game this year and while there aren't many one might just come into range good luck to all hunting public lands throughout the state

Attached links:

1) NPS Amistad website

2) 2018/19 hunting

Good deal on the axis. Glad I emailed the manager and hoping to get up there when the weather cools.

Comment

That would be super sweet but I spend a lot of time there and never seen one. Struck out on Colorado and Wyoming this year so I'll be seeing you in Del Rio quite often this year. Can't wait!

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
        That would be super sweet but I spend a lot of time there and never seen one. Struck out on Colorado and Wyoming this year so I'll be seeing you in Del Rio quite often this year. Can't wait!
        Sucks about Colorado and Wyoming. I am going to try OTC archery in Colorado this year if nothing else to see the country up there.

As for axis, they got out of someone's ranch obviously as have blackbuck in the past. A couple of folks saw them including gemini. FYI the lake is down and dropping, it should make for more hunting area. Currently the ramp at 454 is open however the campground there is closed.

Comment

That's both excellent and bad news at the same time. What's up with the campground closure? I was hoping the lake would stay down, I seem to do real well with low levels on dry years.

Comment

Not sure on the campground... it was closed for a some time after a plane crashed in the area... it was temporarily open after the clean up and got shut down again...

If you do good on dry years, it might be good you didn’t get Colorado... it has been bone dry

Comment

Last time I was there a bunch of pavilions were missing the covers, big storm had rolled through and wrecked stuff. I wonder if they're replacing all those destroyed things.

Comment

I hunt in between 454 and hunt area 5. Seen one or two axis down off 454 and a few blackbuck.

Comment

Last year, saw a group of about six, seven axis in one of the areas two separate times. Can't wait to get back up there.

Comment

Originally posted by gemini2759 View Post
                    Last year, saw a group of about six, seven axis in one of the areas two separate times. Can't wait to get back up there.
                    I'm pretty sure I remember you posting something about that. Good luck!!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Are there still goats out there, I mean domestic goats. The last couple of years I hunted the place, I kept having problems with a heard of goats that would come grazing through the area. I kept wanting to start shooting them, but was afraid, I would get in trouble and left them alone. I saw guy out there that was obviously not hunting, who seemed to be checking on the goats. I got the impression he turned them loose on government property to let them graze and planned to leave them there as long as nobody said anything. I tried to talk to the guy, but both times I saw him, he would take off, when I got close to him. I never saw a park ranger to ask about the goats. I saw some pictures last year of the place, it was grown up a lot, since I last saw it, made me think the goats are probably gone. There was at least 70 goats in that heard years ago.

Comment

What area?
                        Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                        Are there still goats out there, I mean domestic goats. The last couple of years I hunted the place, I kept having problems with a heard of goats that would come grazing through the area. I kept wanting to start shooting them, but was afraid, I would get in trouble and left them alone. I saw guy out there that was obviously not hunting, who seemed to be checking on the goats. I got the impression he turned them loose on government property to let them graze and planned to leave them there as long as nobody said anything. I tried to talk to the guy, but both times I saw him, he would take off, when I got close to him. I never saw a park ranger to ask about the goats. I saw some pictures last year of the place, it was grown up a lot, since I last saw it, made me think the goats are probably gone. There was at least 70 goats in that heard years ago.
                        Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

There are some domestic goats that cone on to area one from time to time...

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                            Ya there's tons.. I've seen them mainly in 1 & 5, but I'm sure they're other places

Comment

Seen goats in 1 5 and 4 and sheep too.
                              Goats freaking STINK!

Comment

Working...
                              X