Treestand Accident

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bloodrunner View Post
    its not difficult fellas. Get a harness (usually will come with the stand in the **** box bro), get a frikkin rope, tie a frikken PRUSIK knot on it using a separate rope, attach rope at stand height and bottom of tree, attach caribeaner to harness, attach caribeaner to prusik, climb tree. Some of you are making it way too difficult. People have been climbing rock faces for years, figure out how they do it safely and you should be able to climb a tree safely. Gosh **** boi.
    It doesn't look hard. But I've hunted my entire life, and growing up nobody I knew wore a harness. I started wearing one several years ago and I won't hunt without it. But everybody on my lease hunts out of box stands with rifles, or out of pop ups in bow season. So believe it or not at 39 years old I just learned about prusik knots and lifelines from this thread. I'm not a rock climber lol. I'll rig my ladders up though after reading through all this though.

Comment

Ordered a HSS vest, lifeline, and climbing strap on amazon all for 100$....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

As sad as it is a mentor and close of mine fell out of his tripod this weekend. Fractured his pelvis and two vertebrae. He will have a long recovery but he just doesn't realize he's 71 years old and doesn't need to hunt out of a rickety old tripod he built in the 70s. He has a ladder leaned against a tree beside it to climb into it.

The landowner doesn't allow blinds. Until now. I'll have him in a good one next season.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

Up until a couple of weeks ago I'd never worn a safety harness I only hunt out of ladder stands and thought I was ok, I fell asleep one morning and woke up as I tipped out the seat . I managed to grab the rail as I fell ,apart from scrapes and bruises and scaring myself I'm ok . I wear a safety harness now , there's no down side to wearing one

Comment

This thread shows the nanny state at it's finest. Ridicule and slander anyone that doesn't do exactly as the group thinks. Sickening to me in my opinion and a major problem in this country dragging it down. Same logic trying to take away the second amendment. Guns kill more the tree stand accidents after all.

On the harness issue, anyone care to guess if I use one or not? The answer might surprise you.

Comment

Originally posted by Kodiakk View Post
              This thread shows the nanny state at it's finest. Ridicule and slander anyone that doesn't do exactly as the group thinks. Sickening to me in my opinion and a major problem in this country dragging it down. Same logic trying to take away the second amendment. Guns kill more the tree stand accidents after all.

On the harness issue, anyone care to guess if I use one or not? The answer might surprise you.
              Ridicule and slander? Not hardly. I see it as members giving a **** about other peoples safety. If you can't see that, then I can't help you.

Comment

I think you got that a little backwards. A nanny state would be where we wouldn't want to stomp on somebody's sensitive feelings and instead of calling somebody out... we pass laws so that somebody else does that for us.

In a non-nanny state, I get to call a dumb*** a dumb*** and let him know directly how misinformed or ignorant they are. No need to defer to regulation, I can rationalize it real quick for them.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                  Ridicule and slander? Not hardly. I see it as members giving a **** about other peoples safety. If you can't see that, then I can't help you.
                  Look through the thread it's plain to see.

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                    I think you got that a little backwards. A nanny state would be where we wouldn't want to stomp on somebody's sensitive feelings and instead of calling somebody out... we pass laws so that somebody else does that for us.

In a non-nanny state, I get to call a dumb*** a dumb*** and let him know directly how misinformed or ignorant they are. No need to defer to regulation, I can rationalize it real quick for them.
                    The very definition of a nanny state is if attempting to force people do things against their will "for their own good."

Comment

I agree, I love seeing stupid people going against the grain. Darwinism rules!

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
                        I agree, I love seeing stupid people going against the grain. Darwinism rules!
                        Thanks for the example. Ironman see here.

Comment

Well, if you don't wear a harness, he's actually making fun of you.

Comment

The very definition of a nanny state is if attempting to force people do things against their will "for their own good."

Not quite but kind of close

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That's because many people never learned to debate intelligently and they have to refer to name calling and ridicule. They haven't learned to disagree respectfully and discuss things like adults. It's okay though. There are enough others on here that can discuss things well and give enough good information that at times I can learn a lot and even be dissuaded to change my point of view so it's worth wading through the other sometimes.

Comment

Wasn't attacking anyone. Stupid people don't know their stupid. Men in particular are hard headed. We only learn from pain or a hit in the pocketbook. ......or both. Some never learn, regardless of how many times they are given examples.

You know, like diving after drinking or not wearing a seat belt, using a dull knife.

Comment

Working...
                                X