Best Bar-B-Que pit for under $200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Bar-B-Que pit for under $200

I'm thinking charcoal but not totally opposed to gas. Suggestions please!

The Weber 21" kettle pit, in my opinion is a great all round pit. I cook everything from steaks, to whole chickens, turkeys, ( gonna do a 20lber today), brisket, you name it. I I would pay extra for the ash catching pot.

Comment

There is one that Walmart carries, as well as Lowes I believe, that has a door on the front for loading charcoal, and a chrome crank, also on the front. You turn that crank handle to raise/lower the coals closer or farther from the cooking grate. I think it goes for about $140 and it seems like a solid grill, as well as a neat idea.

Comment

I would just one of those 55 gallon pit until you can afford a Big Green Egg

Comment

I have one of the below... love it HEB has a better price...

Show off your cooking skills using a meat smoker to enhance the flavor. Shop a selection of electric & charcoal smokers at Academy Sports + Outdoors.

Comment

Originally posted by Agsfight View Post
            The Weber 21" kettle pit, in my opinion is a great all round pit. I cook everything from steaks, to whole chickens, turkeys, ( gonna do a 20lber today), brisket, you name it. I I would pay extra for the ash catching pot.
            X2

Comment

Originally posted by cdoc View Post
              X2
              x3 can't beat a good weber grill

Comment

Originally posted by Slingblade View Post
                x3 can't beat a good weber grill

.....unless you are trying to cook 4 briskets, 5 racks of ribs and 6 beer can chickens.

New Braunfels Smokers at Academy.

Comment

Check out this site. Although I basically achieve the same thing with disposable cake pans filled with water, this seems pretty slick. I may have to invest in one of these babies.

Smokenator products convert Weber kettle charcoal grills and standard gas grills into real food smokers – perfect for “Low and Slow” smoking on your grill.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                    .....unless you are trying to cook 4 briskets, 5 racks of ribs and 6 beer can chickens.

New Braunfels Smokers at Academy.
                    I agree with Billy........

Comment

Wife bought we one of these at Lowe's. Replaced my Weber that had one too many summers on it. Really like the grill.

Comment

Working...
                      X