No announcement yet.

Thoughts on this milky way image?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, you asked for it. Here's my thoughts.

WOW!
    AWESOME Photo!

Comment

Am going to NM next month where light pollution doesn't exist. Hoping for good results, no foreground possible. So, will probably try to paste something in like you have since there's no shortage of windmills.
      I like your image, but can't say how much the lights in the lower part affected the image?

Comment

I like it. I'd probably like it just as much without the ground light too. Stars and windmills....what's not to love. Both iconic.

Comment

Nice shot. I like the ground lighting. Makes a nice contrast.

Comment

Awesome shot

Comment

I like the ground light too because it highlights the windmill, but I see your concerns that it may detract from the Milky Way. If your goal was to get a better picture of the Milky Way, and you got this, I wouldn't be unhappy, but I would still be trying.
              Have you seen the recent photo Greg McCown got of a lightening bolt behind a cactus and in front of a rainbow in west Texas?

Comment

Absolutely gorgeous!

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                  I hammered the night skies this weekend hoping to get a good milky way image. I think this is one of the better ones. I can't decide if I like the ground light or not. It does make the windmill appear more than it would in total darkness.

Anyway, tell me what you think.

South Texas Milky Way by Casey Morris, on Flickr
                  This is an awesome picture!

Comment

send me one to hang in my living room

Comment

Originally posted by Casey View Post
                      I hammered the night skies this weekend hoping to get a good milky way image. I think this is one of the better ones. I can't decide if I like the ground light or not. It does make the windmill appear more than it would in total darkness.

Anyway, tell me what you think.

South Texas Milky Way by Casey Morris, on Flickr
                      Awesome shot. My brother will be in Glacier tonight shooting the Milky Way as well. Beautiful picture with the windmill.

Comment

Not a great picture, but here's one from my brother in Glacier last night.

Comment

Originally posted by Pkripper View Post
                          Not a great picture, but here's one from my brother in Glacier last night.
                          Beautiful image!

Comment

Working...
                          X