Fire at the hunting grounds....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fire at the hunting grounds....

My hunting buddy bought a place last year and we leased an adjoining property. He got a call that there was a fire this morning - he's on his way to check it out. Apparently some druggies were squatting at a vacant deer camp across the fence and a fire got away from them. The closest volunteer FD came out but it had already been burning for at least an hour. Based on wind direction I'm hopeful it didn't burn up the barn where we store stuff including hunting vehicles. I am concerned however, about several nice rifle blinds and my new Krivoman. Dang druggie scum...

hope your stuff made it...but its Gonna be GREAT...

Comment

Dang, that sucks!!! Freakin scum

Comment

Hoping everything works out.

Comment

Originally posted by systemnt View Post
          hope your stuff made it...but its Gonna be GREAT...
          Yeah, best case would be if the fire moved through fast and didn't destroy any of our stuff. In fact, a burn right before spring rains could be a good thing! How's that for optimism?

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
            Yeah, best case would be if the fire moved through fast and didn't destroy any of our stuff. In fact, a burn right before spring rains could be a good thing! How's that for optimism?
            attboy..not much else to do be try and be optimistic... hope it all works out

Comment

Indians used to burn small areas and hunt them the next spring. Good luck....

Comment

For wildlife the Burn will be great. Hope yalls stuff survived.

Comment

Geez John, I hope it works out for the better rather than worse.

Comment

Hope the wind isn't blowing there like it is here on the coast. If so, the fire will be in Oklahoma by morning. G-Luck

Comment

Could very well end up being a good thing. If your stands are freestanding off the ground and not in a tree they should be fine. Will have a nice green pasture before too long.

Comment

Just got a report - the best case scenario came to pass. The high winds whipped the fire through about 75 acres and basically did what you would want a controlled burn to do - burnt back an overgrown pasture and lots of underbrush. A couple of big old oaks burned but most of the trees were just scorched. Additionally, the sheriff arrested the well-known meth head who started it so everybody wins!

Comment

That is good news for all.

Comment

Just got a report - the best case scenario came to pass. The high winds whipped the fire through about 75 acres and basically did what you would want a controlled burn to do - burnt back an overgrown pasture and lots of underbrush. A couple of big old oaks burned but most of the trees were just scorched. Additionally, the sheriff arrested the well-known meth head who started it so everybody wins!
                            Good deal! Will prime time for the up coming season!

Comment

Perfect

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X