Sharpfinger farrier rasp knife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sharpfinger farrier rasp knife

My brother has this friend who has a 1000+ acre ranch somewhere in south Texas that they go hunt on almost every weekend during deer season. They've only invited me once, and that was over Thanksgiving last year. I couldn't go because I had already committed to having Thanksgiving with my other brother and his fiancee. I'm REALLY hoping they'll invite me again in the fall, so to grease the wheels, I made this knife for my brother's friend. Here it is.

And in case you're wondering, the scales are Mexican Mora that I got from Terry Dunn. It's such a hard, heavy, and dense wood, I didn't bother to stabilize it. There didn't seem to be much point, and I'm skeptical that the resin would penetrate anyway.

Saaawwweeeeeeeettttt!!!!

I bet you have an invitation coming your way! Beautiful work!

Comment

That's a beauty. Good job!

Comment

Favorite shape of knives

Comment

Must be sharp too! I like it!

Comment

You are also kicking out some fine looking sheaths.

Comment

Beautiful and already cutting looks like.

Comment

Originally posted by Txsurveyor2014 View Post
                Must be sharp too! I like it!
                It's crazy sharp. I'm running out of hair on my left arm; gonna have to switch to the right.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Smith View Post
                  You are also kicking out some fine looking sheaths.
                  Thanks! I have such mixed feelings about sheaths. I like working with leather, but I hate stitching. If I had a heavy duty leather sewing machine, I'd be a happy camper.

Comment

Originally posted by wanderin39 View Post
                    Beautiful and already cutting looks like.
                    Oh, you must've seen the band-aid. LOL Actually, I burned my thumb while I was grinding (not this knife, but an earlier one). This knife is one of the few I made that didn't cut me.

Comment

Good looking knife. Knife makers should own stock in band aids. I keep a couple of boxes in the shop at all times.

Comment

Thats a beauty. i like your work

Comment

Nice sheath, nice knife too.

Comment

Originally posted by SamHarper View Post
                            Thanks! I have such mixed feelings about sheaths. I like working with leather, but I hate stitching. If I had a heavy duty leather sewing machine, I'd be a happy camper.
                            You and me both. I hate stitching, but like all the other aspects of leatherwork.

Sheath looks awesome!!!

Originally posted by SamHarper View Post
                            Oh, you must've seen the band-aid. LOL Actually, I burned my thumb while I was grinding (not this knife, but an earlier one). This knife is one of the few I made that didn't cut me.
                            You still have feeling in your thumbs? I usually end up dunking my whole hand in the cooling bucket when Im grinding knives because I have gotten the blade too hot and burned my finger or thumb.

Comment

Very nice! The sheath is as impressive as the knife.

Comment

Working...
                              X