Help with Gun Safe Selection Please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help with Gun Safe Selection Please

So, I am looking to get a good quality gun safe to keep our valuables in the house in. The safe I have now Is good for keeping kids out of it, but I would not bet anything on its ability to keep a slightly determined grownup from getting into it. A good fire rating is also important to me. I would like something in the 50+ gun range.

I have done a good bit or research online and wanted to ask what yall choose, why and where did you get it ( looking for best customer service).

I would like to purchase from a somewhat local, at least Texas located safe shop.

I have been looking heavily at Liberty safes and they have my attention right now because of their warranty.

Any help yall can give will be greatly appriciated!

In for results. I'm in the same boat, and leaning towards Liberty as well.

Comment

I purchased a Liberty Fatboy Think about going a size larger than what you think you need. It will fill up fast. You should also consider buying a "SAFeLert. It goes inside your safe and will notify up to five numbers through text/email if the safe is moved, safe door is opened, wifi loss, temperature change, or change in humidity. It includes free 24 hour monitoring, text and email alerts, smartphone app, and a omnidirectional antenna.

Comment

I got a liberty last year, I like it a lot

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
          I purchased a Liberty Fatboy Think about going a size larger than what you think you need. It will fill up fast. You should also consider buying a "SAFeLert. It goes inside your safe and will notify up to five numbers through text/email if the safe is moved, safe door is opened, wifi loss, temperature change, or change in humidity. It includes free 24 hour monitoring, text and email alerts, smartphone app, and a omnidirectional antenna.
          The Safelert sounds awesome!!!

Where did you get the safe?

Thats why I wanted a 50+ gun safe..... because I know they fill up before you know it.... Thats why I was actually looking at the fatboy extreme... but Im still not sure.

Comment

I have a Liberty Fatboy as well. I needed capacity, wanted the security of a Fort Knox, but didn't have the budget. I believe the Colonial is the same width but taller, but instead of 75min fire capacity, it's 45 or 60. Both are built similarly. I looked at a bunch of different safes, from the Tractor Supply Cannon safes to Brownings to mom and pop built safes to AmSec. For what I needed, the Fatboy provided the capacity I needed while offering the best warranty, construction, and fire protection in my budget.

The door pockets, for any safe you get, are nice. I have a lot of pistols in the pockets, and I keep important papers in the bigger pouches. I use both side for long guns, so I am otherwise limited to the top shelf for anything else. I got a pistol rack for my revolvers, and it freed up a bunch of space.

Comment

Liberty!

Comment

What is your budget? Budget will be a huge determining factor. I bought an Amsec BF7250 which I thought was the best safe for my budget. The Fatboy is less than 1/2 the price. That being said, my dad has a Presidential Series Liberty and it was about 1.5 x the price of my safe.

Comment

Thanks for all the input...

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                  What is your budget? Budget will be a huge determining factor. I bought an Amsec BF7250 which I thought was the best safe for my budget. The Fatboy is less than 1/2 the price. That being said, my dad has a Presidential Series Liberty and it was about 1.5 x the price of my safe.
                  8mpg - I guess my budget is up to about the $3k range...

Comment

In!

Comment

I bought my Liberty at Gander Mountain last year. Caught it on sale for around 2,000.00 I think. They also threw in a Mini Vault Biometric safe as well. Think it was a $250.00 value. The safe alert is awesome. You can find dealers for the safe alert on line. I bought mine from Burnette and Sons here in College Station.

Comment

Liberty Fatboy. Love mine.

Comment

Thanks everyone for the input... Looks like I may end up with a liberty Fatboy

Comment

Another Happy Fatboy Owner

I purchased a Liberty Fatboy
                            I bought the 64 gun safe. Very pleased with it.

You get what you pay for.

Comment

Get a Winchester at tsc. To me all safes are the same

Comment

Working...
                              X