• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update could be good

Comment

Mo gooda luq to ya Skinny.

Comment

Shot one. Ran off ridge. I’m eating fried chicken.

Skinny

Comment

Alright finally got my fingers ungreased. Man I love me some fried chicken.

Anyway I had all but gotten out of the box when I hear corn crunching outside the blind. I was able to finagle an arrow on my bow and get the shooting window open. I had a group of 3-4 sows and young pigs lit up under the feeder light. The sow standing perfectly broadside under the feeder seemed like a good choice so I drew back and let the Halon 32 eat. Arrow drilled her in the shoulder and the Magnus stinger tipped arrow blew right through. The pigs all scatter and I sit for a few minutes. Finally I get out of the box and inspect blood trail a bit as I pass by feeder to go grab my arrow. Decent blood on the arrow. So back to the blood trail. I see spraying blood for about 10 steps then hard to find much more than that through the tall gras at the ridge line and the 15 yards I traversed down there. I hear a pig growl and brush breaking all of a sudden. Thinking it was my pig, I eased back up the ridge and headed for fried chicken. I guess in my lack of pig hunting and killing lately, I got in a bit of a rush to track this pig and it’ll prolly cost me. This summer I made a habit of going back to the house/truck, chilling a bit, getting my pistol, and then starting the track. Typically 30 min or so. Guess I forget what works best. Oh well. I might go look for her tomorrow, but any bumped pig off the ridge in the past usually makes the bottom, then the creek, then onto neighboring property. Shucks. No video either to confirm poi as I had all my crap packed up.

Pigs before death.

Skinny

Comment

Skinny and FND Live Hunt Challenge 2017

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
            Alright finally got my fingers ungreased. Man I love me some fried chicken.

Anyway I had all but gotten out of the box when I hear corn crunching outside the blind. I was able to finagle an arrow on my bow and get the shooting window open. I had a group of 3-4 sows and young pigs lit up under the feeder light. The sow standing perfectly broadside under the feeder seemed like a good choice so I drew back and let the Halon 32 eat. Arrow drilled her in the shoulder and the Magnus stinger tipped arrow blew right through. The pigs all scatter and I sit for a few minutes. Finally I get out of the box and inspect blood trail a bit as I pass by feeder to go grab my arrow. Decent blood on the arrow. So back to the blood trail. I see spraying blood for about 10 steps then hard to find much more than that through the tall gras at the ridge line and the 15 yards I traversed down there. I hear a pig growl and brush breaking all of a sudden. Thinking it was my pig, I eased back up the ridge and headed for fried chicken. I guess in my lack of pig hunting and killing lately, I got in a bit of a rush to track this pig and it’ll prolly cost me. This summer I made a habit of going back to the house/truck, chilling a bit, getting my pistol, and then starting the track. Typically 30 min or so. Guess I forget what works best. Oh well. I might go look for her tomorrow, but any bumped pig off the ridge in the past usually makes the bottom, then the creek, then onto neighboring property. Shucks. No video either to confirm poi as I had all my crap packed up.

Pigs before death.

Skinny

Slacker.... I tune in after 3 weeks and you are acting like one of us average joes now... cmon man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

At least most likely another dead pig! Hopefully you find it. We've had only one lone boar (and several deer) on the cameras at mine and my wife's stand at the lease since August. Checked cameras last Friday night and hogs everywhere (and very few deer). Hopefully we can pull a couple night sits at the lease over Thanksgiving break. Probably use the smoke pole though so I can eradicate as many as possible.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
                At least most likely another dead pig! Hopefully you find it. We've had only one lone boar (and several deer) on the cameras at mine and my wife's stand at the lease since August. Checked cameras last Friday night and hogs everywhere (and very few deer). Hopefully we can pull a couple night sits at the lease over Thanksgiving break. Probably use the smoke pole though so I can eradicate as many as possible.

Originally posted by DapperDan View Post
                Slacker.... I tune in after 3 weeks and you are acting like one of us average joes now... cmon man!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I know I sucked it up last night Double D. I’ll blame the fried chicken.

Good luck to ya Muskles! I’m working all week. Booooo

Skinny

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
                  Shot one. Ran off ridge. I’m eating fried chicken.

Skinny
                  Hilarious. I can just see the look on your face..., “man, fried chicken!! I love Chicken. Why did i shoot that Stupid pig? I’ve shot seventy pigs already and now this one interrupts Chicken? Screw that pig. Mama made chicken!!! CHICKEN!!!!!”

Comment

We interrupt this programming to bring you a special news announcement.

Skinny, while eating fried chicken, shot a pig. Then commences to continue eating fried chicken. That is all.
                    Last edited by Texas Grown; 11-21-2017, 08:42 AM.

Comment

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
                        We interrupt this programming to bring you a special news announcement.

Skinny, while eating fried chicken, shot a pig. Then commences to continue eating fried chicken. That is all.
                        This is why he got a pass through, the arrow was greasy!

Comment

Lol

Skinny

Comment

Good job Jeff, sorry about your pig Skinny!

Comment

No luck on my pig. I looked for more blood off the ridge but nada.

Skinny

Comment

Dang it!

Comment

Working...
                                X