Ordering glasses online?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ordering glasses online?

Anybody done this? Go in and get your eyes checked, then provide the results to a discount frames and lenses place online? Place I’ve been going to is in the Heights, which is way too expensive. Want to get my next pair cheaper if I can.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, my glasses came through Firmoo, as did all of my families. It took them a long time to get mine right since I wear bi-focals.

Comment

Zenni optical is great for cheap glasses.
      Like $18-$30 cheap

Comment

Yep, ordered from Zenni Optical and Warby Parker, both recommended. Zenni has a lot more glasses to choose from.

Comment

My son ran his face into a wall and broke his frames. I bought the frames online from one of those sites and popped the old lenses into them. They were half the cost of the local eye doctor.

Comment

Originally posted by cbd10pt View Post
            Zenni optical is great for cheap glasses.

Like $18-$30 cheap

X2. I have bifocals and so far so good. 4th pair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Bought from Zenni as well. Hard to beat for the price.

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
                Anybody done this? Go in and get your eyes checked, then provide the results to a discount frames and lenses place online? Place I’ve been going to is in the Heights, which is way too expensive. Want to get my next pair cheaper if I can.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                I bought some Clic Reading glasses for when I am at ranch or working around house. Love them!

Comment

Been doing it for 10 years. Look for sturdy frames and order on line. I wear bifocals and I have never had to send a pair back. Cheap enough that I always order 2 pair and if I mess a set up, I have a new set on hand.

Comment

I use eyebuydirect and glassesusa I have been buying my glasses online for the last 10 years.

I have never had a problem. I bought two pairs for $50 a couple of months ago.

Just a word of advise. make sure you triple check the prescription you enter. The glasses are non refundable.

Comment

Another happy Zenni client here.

Comment

For those of who like to go and try them on before you buy, go to Walmart. Most don't know that they carry the same frames as Lenscrafters and other eye glass places and send them off to the same lab to get the lenses put in. The difference is that Walmart has a huge volume buy and gets the lowest prices.

Those who are comfortable with mail order, you can find some very inexpensive glasses.

Comment

If you have eye insurance on your health policy, you can usually get a free pair each calendar year. I am lucky my wife works for a lens manufacturer.
                          There is a lot more to it than just picking a frame for a correct fit.

Comment

Have done it for over 10 yrs, I shop for closeouts on Nike or Oakley frames and usually get a pair with single vision lens and all the coatings for $150 - $200 total delivered.

Comment

Zenni. Zero issues. Great prices.

Comment

Working...
                              X