Another Bear Attack in Wyoming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Bear Attack in Wyoming

A bowhunter and his guide were attacked. The bowhunter was air evacuated out, but the guide is still missing.

Prayer sent

Comment

Wow. Dang.
      So he had time to throw the pistol and didn't shoot the bear?? I don't understand that..

Comment

Dang prayers sent. I just touched down in Jackson Hole for a 7 day elk hunt. Kinda spooky!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Prayers lifted, Carry your pistol on you!!!

Comment

Doesn't sound good for the guide, prayers sent.

Comment

I just read it again. What "MAN" throws away his pistol and flees while another man is being mauled? Surely I just don't have enough facts, because if that were the case, then he is no man at all.

Comment

You can bet this is gonna happen more and more while the bear nuts keep pushing to close seasons and reintroduce them.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                  You can bet this is gonna happen more and more while the bear nuts keep pushing to close seasons and reintroduce them.
                  Have them take the sweet, cuddly bears back to their neighborhoods and release them. May after they lose something they’ll begin to comprehend how ranchers feel when bears kill cattle and whatever.

Comment

Guide has been found. Dead

Comment

I was in this area a week ago, staying at the ranch where they staged.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

His body was found intact.

Comment

Sad deal. Prayer sent for his family.

Comment

Before you judge the man...

Chubon was able to run to his pack gear a few yards away and retrieve a pistol but was unable to safely fire a shot at the bear that first struck Uptain,” the release said. “The attacking bear then spun, charged Chubon, grabbed his foot, and dragged him to the ground. He sustained injuries to his leg, chest, and arm, but was able to throw the gun to Uptain and get loose before running from the scene to phone for help. Initial reports indicate that the second bear did not engage either Chubon or Uptain.”

Comment

bad deal for all

Comment

Working...
                              X