Here Comes Ol Man Winter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here Comes Ol Man Winter

I looked to see if a thread was already started and didn't see one. Figured I'd get things rolling.

Big arctic front will be barreling down the plains going into this weekend. A little too early to hit up on temps but well below freezing temps could be felt all the way to the coast. I live in Conroe and the wind chill values could push into the teens (15 to 18 degrees) in my neck of the woods Saturday night.

Most modeling show this front as a precursor to a major pattern change of an extended period of cold and stormy weather. Interesting times ahead well into February. We will see.

Hopefully some other TBH'ers can chime in as time goes on since I wont be able to get on here regularly.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Well if that is accurate I guess I better finish up painting this house I'm working on.
    Thanks for the heads up

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
      I looked to see if a thread was already started and didn't see one. Figured I'd get things rolling.

Big arctic front will be barreling down the plains going into this weekend. A little too early to hit up on temps but well below freezing temps could be felt all the way to the coast. I live in Conroe and the wind chill values could push into the teens (15 to 18 degrees) in my neck of the woods Saturday night.

Most modeling show this front as a precursor to a major pattern change of an extended period of cold and stormy weather. Interesting times ahead well into February. We will see.

Hopefully some other TBH'ers can chime in as time goes on since I wont be able to get on here regularly.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
      well that's good news

Comment

I heard February was going to be brutally cold. I was told this by a farmer who I have no idea how he knows. But he was right about the wet winter we are having.

Comment

normal late jan early feb weather.

Comment

Now is the time to order these for those in need, good luck finding them at Lowes/HD come Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
              Well if that is accurate I guess I better finish up painting this house I'm working on.
              Thanks for the heads up
              What u meen, IF... This is Johnny, the redneck weather dude we're talkin' bout here!!

Sure hope this stuff gets far enough South to reach us in Webb County!! Sure make that last hunt more goodder!

Pre-c-8 the head's up Johnny!

Comment

Thanks for the info. Need to wrap the pipes again.

Comment

We haven't had a brutally cold february in decades, I'll believe it when I see it, guessing this month will be around normal temps too, we just do not have ice snow events like we used to...

Comment

Originally posted by sharpstick35 View Post
                    normal late jan early feb weather.
                    Exactly what I said when somebody mentioned the really cold weather coming in... The last half of January and the first half of February is always "our" Winter.

Comment

I went ahead yesterday amongst other preparation for my twin girls 3rd Birthday party on next Saturday(DOH!!) went ahead prepared spickets, and drained the sprinkler BFP for this potentially cold next few weeks, and chances of some hard freezes. Hoping the timing will back off 12-18hrs, and front will push through Saturday evening, rather than Saturday morning but not hopeful in that regard as usually they are more progressive than models show.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up Johnny.

Comment

Originally posted by tmurray View Post
                          Now is the time to order these for those in need, good luck finding them at Lowes/HD come Friday.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
                          Got some at Tractor Supply last weekend for a cheaper price.

Comment

My son and I will be tent camping this coming weekend on the hunt that he was drawn on. May be sleeping in the truck...

Comment

It's that time of year! Around Ft Worth it is referred to as "Stock Show Weather". It didn't happen last year but we usually get a nasty ice storm during the run of the stock show - this year Jan 18th - Feb 9th

Comment

Working...
                              X