International Flight Booking Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

International Flight Booking Help

Does anyone on the green screen have the timing of international flight booking down to save the most money? Still have a little time, but we will be flying to Johannesburg in August for a Safari hunt. We have looked at flying straight over with Delta, SAA, British Airways, and keep seeing offerings from KLM(any insight on this airline?). Is there a magic window on when to buy? Do you get updates on price drop alerts and such? Never flown overseas and if we can find a way to legitimely save some on the flight I am all for it!

I’ve used delta for my Africa trip. Best option is an agent. Let them figure it all out, and their bulk pricing normally saves you money. Get an agent...

Comment

Originally posted by Raypo View Post
      I’ve used delta for my Africa trip. Best option is an agent. Let them figure it all out, and their bulk pricing normally saves you money. Get an agent...
      Any you would recommend?

Comment

The upside of a travel agent is when the flights mess up you call them and they solve your problems.

Comment

fparr@legacyoutdoorsadventure.com

Check him out for your information

Comment

http://www.travelwithguns.com/ I have used these guys for my three trips over there.

Comment

Yes, Steve Turner with TWG his the best I have found for our last 6 Int'l trips.

Comment

Thanks fellas I’ll check them out

Comment

Google.com/flights

Was in the air for 170 hours last year and enough miles to “round the world” 3.5 times. I check it before I book any flight.

The travel with guns service is good. I used them to help with My ibex hunt (gun import) but still booked my own flights.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
                    Google.com/flights

Was in the air for 170 hours last year and enough miles to “round the world” 3.5 times. I check it before I book any flight.

The travel with guns service is good. I used them to help with My ibex hunt (gun import) but still booked my own flights.
                    Have you found a sweet spot on how far out to book?

Comment

Stay away from SAA!

Comment

Froesh Travel in Houston is good with booking South Africa airfare.

I don't know if it is still true, but all KLM Airlines flights to South Africa used to connect through Amsterdam where knives, including broadheads are illegal and will be confiscated from your luggage if they are found.

Comment

Originally posted by ken View Post
                          Froesh Travel in Houston is good with booking South Africa airfare.

I don't know if it is still true, but all KLM Airlines flights to South Africa used to connect through Amsterdam where knives, including broadheads are illegal and will be confiscated from your luggage if they are found.
                          I was reading that on here earlier. I was thinking we could mail the broadheads over beforehand.

Comment

Originally posted by Justin Spies View Post
                            Have you found a sweet spot on how far out to book?
                            It seems to be all over the place depending on where you are flying.. The google flights app will give you trends and let you see how the prices change based on dates.

Comment

Check out the app “Hopper”. I’ve used it for a while now. It’ll tell you the cheapest dates, flights, etc. It will tell you when the best time to buy is, track price changes, and give you updates on changes.

Comment

Working...
                              X