The official Whiskey (bourbon) thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snacks View Post
    I went to a concert at Goode Company this past weekend and they had a bottle of Michters 25, just couldn't bring myself to spend $200 on 1.5oz.

My brother scored a M20. Perhaps the best score I have ever seen. It’s much more rare than even Pappy 23.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Figure I should report this “special” bourbon....

Woodford Reserve “sweet mash”:

I’ll drink Woodford Reserve but it’s far from top of picking order... but it’s a fair drink. This bottle has been taunting me for a while in my fil bar... so we popped it to do a tasting

This will go into my top 5 of undrinkable trash. There is nothing good from nose ( fresh fruit, alcohol... more alcohol... and oak) and it just goes to $&&% after that. Terrible!

I thought maybe it was a bad bottle but most reviews I read afterwards pretty much was on pace

I recommend skipping and drinking Kentucky deluxe given the two as options

Comment

Figure I should report this “special” bourbon....

Woodford Reserve “sweet mash”:

I’ll drink Woodford Reserve but it’s far from top of picking order... but it’s a fair drink. This bottle has been taunting me for a while in my fil bar... so we popped it to do a tasting

This will go into my top 5 of undrinkable trash. There is nothing good from nose ( fresh fruit, alcohol... more alcohol... and oak) and it just goes to $&&% after that. Terrible!

I thought maybe it was a bad bottle but most reviews I read afterwards pretty much was on pace

I recommend skipping and drinking Kentucky deluxe given the two as options

Comment

Pendleton

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
            My brother scored a M20. Perhaps the best score I have ever seen. It’s much more rare than even Pappy 23.

My buddy scored a bottle off the shelf a week and a half before Christmas for 575.00. I agree, rare find.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post

This is indeed a true unicorn!

Going for $4-5K on secondary right now.

Comment

Awesome!

Originally posted by Snacks View Post
                This is indeed a true unicorn!

Going for $4-5K on secondary right now.
                What a Great Find! Reports when and if :-0) it's opened please.

Dozier

Comment

Originally posted by Bear Charge View Post
                  Evan Williams Single Barrel...still not sure of my opinion. Smooth but no taste
                  I've decided I like it.

Comment

Added some new ones to the collection

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
                      Added some new ones to the collection

New?..... heck that ones 12 years old, says it right on the bottle

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                        New?..... heck that ones 12 years old, says it right on the bottle

Comment

I am looking for a gift bottle as a thank you to a good friend. Pappy 20 or 23, or other grail bourbon (AKA impossible to find). Budget $2,500 for the right bottle. If anyone happens upon such a bottle in their travels I would appreciate a heads up

Comment

Originally posted by TXJIM View Post
                            I am looking for a gift bottle as a thank you to a good friend. Pappy 20 or 23, or other grail bourbon (AKA impossible to find). Budget $2,500 for the right bottle. If anyone happens upon such a bottle in their travels I would appreciate a heads up
                            Can get 23 all day long for 1,800-1,900. 20yr in the 1,400-1,500 range

Comment

I've got a bottle of WLW I will sell for the bargain price of $2,500

Comment

How rare you looking for?

Michters 20/25 is going to be a lot more rare.
                                GTS, THS, and WLW are difficult as well.
                                As stated previously, Pappy 20/23 can both be had for under 2K.

Comment

Working...
                                X