No announcement yet.

Devils river live hunt!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow!!! Congrats to both of yall! This is a trip for the books!!!

Comment

Sitting at the rim of a canyon waiting on daylight. We are going to drive through the bottom looking for aoudad. We won’t hunt long this morning since we have a long drive home. I’ll let you know how it ends up once we get out of the canyon. No service down there

Comment

This was in the road driving in this morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

PM'd info about 8....

Comment

Great stuff!!
            Congrats to you and your daughter!

Are you packing out the meat in a backpack? Put it in a trash bag or something? Never hunted like this or out west, but I really need to. I better learn before my 2 year old to get a little older, then it’ll be all about him...

Comment

No aoudad in the canyon we hunted this morning. The person that runs the hunt told me to shoot every one of those feral rams we saw. So that’s what we did this morning. She shot 8 this morning to make a total of 16 animals.

When she was drawn for this hunt this is not what we imagined but we are extremely thankful for this opportunity. We liked over 30 miles according to the gps and she got in some great practice for hunting out west. I have no doubt she is ready for that now.

Of course as we were driving out we saw a group of 20 aoudad with at least one ram over 30” in the group. It was in another unit and I didn’t know if there was a hunter in that unit so we didn’t shoot it.

It was an adventure for sure

For the ones wondering about the meat. The TPWD uses this hunt as population control of the exotics. We did not keep any of the meat from the sheep. We did keep the deer meat and aoudad.

Thanks for following along

Comment

Awesome! 16 kills...Wow! Thanks for sharing Yalls hunt.

Comment

What a cool experience, some serious trigger time!

Comment

Awesome, congrats!

Sent from my LG-M430 using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow 16 animals is incredible! I killed 6 whitetails and axis on a draw hunt earlier this year and thought i was doing good. She should be ready for any hunt now! Congrats to both of yall!

Comment

Awesome great hunt!

Comment

That is a hunt both of you will celebrate for years

Comment

Thanks for taking us along! She is a stone cold killer!
                            Maybe I missed is but what caliber is she shooting?

Comment

Wow that's a look of shooting and a ton of memories that will last forever for you both! Congrats on a heck of a hunt!!

Comment

That's awesome! I woulda ran out of shells on day one! I never bring more than 3-4 on a trip!![emoji2]

Comment

Working...
                                X