No announcement yet.

Bow hanger or no bow hanger?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow hanger until activity, quiver always off for me.

Comment

What bow hanger do you guys recommend to use? Been using a simple hook but looking to get one that hangs closer to my reach.

Comment

I prefer to stand while hunting in a treestand. Have a bow holder that straps onto my belt. I'm able to stand or sit with it. Bow is upright and in my hand, strap holds all the weight. Have a bow hook but don't use it much.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie07 View Post
          What bow hanger do you guys recommend to use? Been using a simple hook but looking to get one that hangs closer to my reach.
          This anchors in like concrete!

Comment

My bow stays on some kind of hanger most of the time. Could be screw in or just a cut off stub of a limb

I don't wait until a critter is in range to get my bow though

If I can see or hear something coming I go ahead and get my bow

Comment

Hanger sure makes for a comfortable sit, but I had a buck bust me in Illinois trying to get my bow off the hanger.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
                Hanger sure makes for a comfortable sit, but I had a buck bust me in Illinois trying to get my bow off the hanger.

That's why I use the long 3 section version. It can be screwed in to the tree and adjusted where it's an inch from my hand when I'm seated. And when I'm standing it's still close.

Comment

Hanger for me. I have used hangers that bolt to stands and hangers that screw into the tree. But I much prefer that to keeping my bow in my lap. With my back problems I have change positions a lot. Also if you need to pee, want a snack, use binoculars, etc., it's a lot easier doing those things not trying to juggle your bow. I guess if you hunt an hour or two it's not an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by oneeye View Post
                    Never for me as i always hold my bow on my lap. How many times have you heard "I got busted when I reached for my bow"?
                    Originally posted by J Greer View Post
                    That’s the exact reason my I hold mine in my lap. I’m pretty good in the tree but have been busted a few times trying to reach for my bow when I did use a hanger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Yall are just doing it all wrong then!!!
                    I make all my bow hangers. 1/2" sq tubing 2 pieces about 10" long each, drill a hole in one end of each and put in a bolt where you have a swivel arm. Take a screw in tree step and cut the screw in part off and weld to one end of the tubing, then cut the "foot" part off and weld that to the other end. Add hooks if you want. Then just screw in. When I'm sittin down, my bow is right there to my side. I do not have to reach up or reach out. I also never stand to shoot unless I just have to.
                    And never shoot with quiver on. Last thing I need to worry about is my arrows hitting something, making unwanted noise.

Comment

Originally posted by MDemel View Post
                      Bow hanger until activity, quiver always off for me.
                      Same here

Comment

I use a hanger until it gets to feel like prime time.

Comment

Across my lap 99% of the time. I don’t want to add another step when getting ready to shoot especially when hunting trails where things can happen quickly. Quiver is also off.

Comment

Yes

Comment

Never used a hanger. It's in my hand or lap always.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
                                100% hanger
                                100% quiver on
                                Same here

Comment

Working...
                                X