Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are Christian people generally more judgmental than others?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -HIC- View Post
    This may be a touch extreme . When I buy snuff nobody gets a second look unless I think they are a threat.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk
    And I just realized my post was judgmental. Apologies! [emoji44]

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

Comment

but he that is spiritual judgeth all things, yet he himself is judged by no man.

1 cor. 2:15

Comment

Some people believe that standing up for what you believe in and not being accepting of all this sin going on these days in this country is being judgmental..
        This is th PC movement.
        This countries moral compass has been lost.

Comment

**Edit - My wife works with adults with disabilities. Those folks may be some of the only ones I have seen that pour out love and seem to not care who it is on the receiving end.[/QUOTE]

You are so right. I've always shyed away from people with learning disabilities. I've have been extremely blessed by a young man named Reese at Chick-fil-A in New Caney. I try to have lunch with him once a week what a joy in my life that I have been missing. He doesn't see color doesn't have any negativity in him at all. And I wonder sometimes who has the learning disabilities.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
            Some people believe that standing up for what you believe in and not being accepting of all this sin going on these days in this country is being judgmental..
            This is th PC movement.
            This countries moral compass has been lost.
            Agreed.

Aside from that aspect of it, I am pretty critical of people in general, guess its just my nature because I see a lot of foolishness in the general public, whether I'm a Christian or not. I'm definitely no better than anyone else.

Comment

I believe the biggest problem facing humanity isn't the love of money, sexual orientation, or even religion; it is that men and women wake up every day and live for themselves.

Christ has called us to deny ourselves, take up our cross, and follow him. The first thing a true Christian should do every morning is wake up and 'deny himself' - set aside your own ambition, desires, expectations and live your days with the goal of loving others and showing them who God is. After all, Christ Jesus gave up all he had, taking the form of a man, in order to suffer and die so that we might come to KNOW GOD and walk with him intimately. He not only gave up his place in heaven to come to the earth, but he was also treated like a fraud, a slave, an imposter, and a blasphemer...why?

not so that you could be free from sin when you die and go to heaven someday - to be free NOW - if you wait until death to be free from sin, then death is your savior, not Jesus. Kingdom of heaven is here now, not in some distant hopeful place in the far away future.

Jesus denied himself, knowing the perfect and unbroken communion he had with God from the beginning would be destroyed for a moment, as he was forsaken on the cross; he did that so you and I could enter into that unbroken relationship, be part of his family, his blood for ours, his life for ours, his rejection for our acceptance.

that is Christianity, that is life.

deny yourself - follow Jesus.

Comment

IMHO, people are people. There are as many hypocrites and judgers in the faith as there are outside the faith. I'm hopeful that Christians would repent of these things when called out. It's just true that believers are broken like everyone else which is why I often say, church would be awesome if not for the people.

Comment

Life is a series of judgments heading to an end result. Judging is absolutely necessary in man and animal in order to achieve the best (doesn't always turn out that way) results in life or a given situation. Anyone who says they do not judge is not being honest.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                    Life is a series of judgments heading to an end result. Judging is absolutely necessary in man and animal in order to achieve the best (doesn't always turn out that way) results in life or a given situation. Anyone who says they do not judge is not being honest.

Mic drop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Get the plank out of your own eye, before you try and remove the splinter from your brothers eye

Comment

Originally posted by topshot View Post
                        I believe the biggest problem facing humanity isn't the love of money, sexual orientation, or even religion; it is that men and women wake up every day and live for themselves.

Christ has called us to deny ourselves, take up our cross, and follow him. The first thing a true Christian should do every morning is wake up and 'deny himself' - set aside your own ambition, desires, expectations and live your days with the goal of loving others and showing them who God is. After all, Christ Jesus gave up all he had, taking the form of a man, in order to suffer and die so that we might come to KNOW GOD and walk with him intimately. He not only gave up his place in heaven to come to the earth, but he was also treated like a fraud, a slave, an imposter, and a blasphemer...why?

not so that you could be free from sin when you die and go to heaven someday - to be free NOW - if you wait until death to be free from sin, then death is your savior, not Jesus. Kingdom of heaven is here now, not in some distant hopeful place in the far away future.

Jesus denied himself, knowing the perfect and unbroken communion he had with God from the beginning would be destroyed for a moment, as he was forsaken on the cross; he did that so you and I could enter into that unbroken relationship, be part of his family, his blood for ours, his life for ours, his rejection for our acceptance.

that is Christianity, that is life.

deny yourself - follow Jesus.

Very well said.

OP, my answer is self righteous people are the most judgmental, meaning people who think they are right and you are wrong for whatever you believe in and like and then judge you about that belief or preference. Can be anything...right to bear arms, marriage, high fence/low fence, longhorns/aggies, conventional/fly fish, Christian/non- Christian, ford/chevy, credit/pay cash, yeti/igloo, drink alcohol/ don't , Rolex/Timex, ad infinitum...

Self righteous is not exclusive to Christians, it flourishes with all who look down on and ridicule those who don't agree with them. For me, I'm a married to a woman gun owning Christian that drives a chevy but owns fords too, hunt in high and low fence, fish with flies and bait, wear a rolex, ice beer in yetis and igloos, and pull for the Aggies and Horns. I truly do not care what you like but I do pray that everyone has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ before they die and hope that I can do my part to help point people to him daily

Comment

That's a good question. I believe some Christians can be that way, and some are not. The bible tells us to live our life a certain way. When non Christians do not in a way that reflect that of the bible then you may find some judgment from Christians who think your living your life the wrong way. But there's a flip side. I think your going to find judgment from any group of people that have groupthink, or believe there ideas are exclusively correct. Such as peta, etc.

Comment

Life long True good friends are hard to come by. Its not a christian thing its a person thing.

Comment

No more so than anyone else. Usually over what they are passionate about. Not making excuses because we all have faults.

Comment

Calling an arsehole an arsehole isn't being judgemental. Its being factually correct.

Comment

Working...
                                X