Coast guard defies Trumps tranny ban

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coast guard defies Trumps tranny ban

Since when did any of the armed forces publicly break rank?

Coast Guard commandant signals he will resist Trump's military transgender ban

Washington Examiner By Travis J. Tritten Published August 01, 2017
    President Trump's transgender military ban announcement was met with bipartisan disapproval. But, some did come to the president's aid
    video
    Trump transgender military ban reactions
    The commandant of the Coast Guard said Tuesday he will not "break faith" with transgender members following President Trump's tweets about a total ban on their service in the military.

Adm. Paul Zukunft said his first call after hearing of the ban last week was to one of 13 Coast Guardsmen who have come out as transgender under the Pentagon's year-old policy of open service.

"We have made an investment in you and you have made an investment in the Coast Guard and I will not break faith," Zukunft said, recounting the conversation during a talk at the Center for Strategic and International Studies. "And so, that is the commitment to our people right now."

In the wake of Trump's announcement, the admiral said his second call about the transgender ban was to retired Gen. John Kelly, then the director of Homeland Security, and then Kelly contacted Defense Secretary Jim Mattis.

The Coast Guard then set up a "tiger team" of legal expert officers from the Judge Advocate General's Corps to deal with the situation.

Continue Reading Below

Click for more from The Washington Examiner

well Admiral Paul Zukunft had better be ready to be relieved of command; it's not his call.

Comment

Get him out. I'm sure we have some one else in line.

Comment

I thought they all were waiting on further information from the white house???

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
          I thought they all were waiting on further information from the white house???

They are, but this fella seems to be saying even when the official policy comes down he plans to disregard it.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
            They are, but this fella seems to be saying even when the official policy comes down he plans to disregard it.
            He has to geaux then!!![emoji111]

Comment

I will believe this story when I actually see it happen.

Don't believe everything you hear or read.

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                Let's see how that works out for him/her!

That's gotta be funny as hail having the work under a freak!

Comment

Army & Navy stated similar .... business as usual until Chief gives them details which Trump has no details or plans on anything

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                    I will believe this story when I actually see it happen.

Don't believe everything you hear or read.

Unless you're a "centrist", then you sit back and patiently wait for an obscure article or poll to flare up that supports your nonsensical, Conservative-hating viewpoint, even though, the published work is built upon tenuous information or outright lies. At that point, you lash out and attack indiscriminately in a desperate and futile attempt to be heard.

That's how some people do it.

Comment

Bye Paul

Comment

Originally posted by stykshooter View Post
                        Army & Navy stated similar .... business as usual until Chief gives them details which Trump has no details or plans on anything
                        That was the last I had heard also. I guess this leader is talking smack
                        ....lol. I am in full support as those tax dollars are for our nation's defense not someone's need to be "altered" beyond what their parents created![emoji20]

Comment

He can say what he wants now..but when/if it actually becomes a order... you can bet your *** he will follow it.

Comment

This is BS...here is what is going to happen, the military is no longer going to accept or pay for someone to have a the operations. All of those currently in will remain in and receive full benefits upon their chosen separation, whether it be 4 years or 20 years. Basically "grandfathered in". Buncha crying over nothing, it baffles me how an admiral will make a public statement that could even sound like a contradiction to the President. He will follow it when it becomes an order. This isn't just Trumps idea, the joint chiefs had a big say in this decision. Our military is so soft. While I was in I had to go to the Equal Opportunity Officer for telling a girl "I don't care about your time of the month, you wake up earlier to take care of your hygiene and get to work on time." The EOO didn't know how to do with me lol.

Comment

Yeah!

Comment

Working...
                              X