Never seen a snake on my place in East Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by switchbackxt View Post
    I know that Timber Rattlers are protected in Texas. Aren't they protected in every state? I continue to see pictures on the web of people posing with pics of dead Timbers.
    No. Several states where they aren't protected.

Comment

I would have like to seen the video of that!![emoji106]

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by switchbackxt View Post
        I know that Timber Rattlers are protected in Texas. Aren't they protected in every state? I continue to see pictures on the web of people posing with pics of dead Timbers.
        They're not protected here in Oklahoma. See them at roundups I go to every year.

Comment

I hate snakes.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
            It sure makes a guy wonder how many he's walked on by without ever knowing. I think that's what makes that particular snake dangerous. If you ain't thinking about them or not lookin you're liable to step right on one of those son of a guns. It's easy to get complacent when you don't see them regularly.

Some history behind the Timber Rattlesnake is it was actually supposed to be a symbol to represent the United States at one point in time and was one of the snakes that brought the Gadsden Flag to life. There's nothin wrong with a Bald Eagle folks but lets face it......rattlesnakes are awesome in their own right. Love them or hate them they are pretty fascinating creatures and in my opinion would be a great animal to have represent our country. Quiet and gentle unless disturbed. They've been persecuted and harassed since the beginning of time but they're still here. They're true survivors. It's hard for me not to respect and admire anything like that. Even a big boar hog tearing up feeders deserves respect for that very reason. In my opinion anyways.

At the end of the day we're all just tryin to make a living the best we know how anyways. Ain't no different for them dadgum snakes or that fat hog sitting under that busted up feeder.
            True story!!!

Comment

Working...
            X