New Ford Expedition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Ford Expedition

Do you car guys know if Ford brought back the expedition? I saw one yesterday that looked new and had temp tags on it. Just curious

They never quit making them as far as I know. It is what I think my wife’s next vehicle will be again when we get ready.

They did quit making the Excursion but there is a conversion company that will make one out of a F250 and a pile of cash!

Comment

We bought the max

Has a lot of room

Nice car

Comment

They are still making them and I got to drive one the other day. The local Ford Dealership in La Grange loaned us two of them to take our boys to the State Golf Tournament in Marble Falls. It was a very nice gesture on their part and what an incredible ride. This thing had all the bells and whistles you could ask for but for they are a little pricey. I believe the sticker on it was $78,000 and some change, but if you get one you won't be disappointed at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Rod View Post
          The local Ford Dealership in La Grange loaned us two of them to take our boys to the State Golf Tournament in Marble Falls.
          Man...what a nice gesture. I hope y'all played well.

I suspect this thread was intended to discuss the Excursion. Like Cantcatch said, there's a handful of aftermarket companies converting F250s.

The other day, there was a 2015 Excursion with 6 doors and 6 captain chairs for sale on TBH.

Comment

We have a 2004 Expidition with 488K miles and wanted a new one was So we shopped for several months and was SOOO Disappointed to find out you can no longer buy the expedition with a V-8 engine they only have the eco-boost even the navigator is a V-6 eco-boost so we ended up buying a different brand which was disappointing since we have had such good luck with Ford!!
            Even went as far as calling the corporate office to try to special order one with a V-8 and they would not do it.

Ron

Comment

I have one with the eco boost and it is pretty fun to drive. A lot more power than the v8 I had a few years ago which was a dog of an engine.

Comment

Originally posted by airehead View Post
                We have a 2004 Expidition with 488K miles and wanted a new one was So we shopped for several months and was SOOO Disappointed to find out you can no longer buy the expedition with a V-8 engine they only have the eco-boost even the navigator is a V-6 eco-boost so we ended up buying a different brand which was disappointing since we have had such good luck with Ford!!
                Even went as far as calling the corporate office to try to special order one with a V-8 and they would not do it.

Ron
                Did you think the same when engines went from carbed to fuel injection? Or from standard to automatic?

Times change, technology changes.

Comment

Originally posted by Reelthreat View Post
                  Did you think the same when engines went from carbed to fuel injection? Or from standard to automatic?

Times change, technology changes.
                  I did not have a hard time with auto trans
                  EFI kinda goofed me up but I see the advantage However, in my humble opinion a v6 is not enough engine for it!!!!

Ron

Comment

Originally posted by Rod View Post
                    They are still making them and I got to drive one the other day. The local Ford Dealership in La Grange loaned us two of them to take our boys to the State Golf Tournament in Marble Falls. It was a very nice gesture on their part and what an incredible ride. This thing had all the bells and whistles you could ask for but for they are a little pricey. I believe the sticker on it was $78,000 and some change, but if you get one you won't be disappointed at all.
                    Incredible gesture!!! How did yall play?

I had no idea that Ford had anything worth $78K?

Comment

Just bought the wife the Max. Very nice vehicles. Glad I talked her out of another Tahoe.

Comment

They still make them!

Comment

Very nice vehicle and eco boost is absolutely no slouch. I had reservations at first because I love fords v8 but dang have I been impressed. That v6 is very stout for such a big vehicle.

17 model here. And yes they are continuing to make them.

Comment

Originally posted by airehead View Post
                            I did not have a hard time with auto trans
                            EFI kinda goofed me up but I see the advantage However, in my humble opinion a v6 is not enough engine for it!!!!

Ron
                            Did you at least test drive it? Ford knows what they're doing with turbo charging an engine. It's plenty of power with no lag. More than enough in my opinion. Power is there as soon as you hit the gas.

My MIL has a 2015 Expedition with the V8. My wife has a 2016 Expedition EL with the Ecoboost V6. No doubt, ours is a better vehicle with the Ecoboost.

Comment

Working...
                            X