Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats!

Comment

That is awesome! Congrats. You made quick work of the Tahr now go kill some other stuff!

Comment

Awesome, Congrats!!

Comment

Congrats! Keep them pictures coming.

Comment

Congrats on the tahr! Good Luck on the rest of your trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

nice. Congrats.

Comment

Details JP...……...shot distance, standing , kneeling, ……….come on MAN!!!!!!!

Comment

Nice Tahr!

Comment

Awesome, congrats brother. On my bucket list for the next couple of years. . .

Comment

Congrats Jon-Paul. Looks like we will be having a Crystal Beach Tahr "back strap" cook out soon . Enjoy the trip man...It looks like a dandy one.

Tim

Comment

Heck yeah!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats Jon-Paul. Awesome Tahr!

Comment

Very Cool!!!

Comment

You made quick work of getting a tahr.. Congrats.

Comment

Quick recap of yesterday morning. We started up the side of the mountain if the the UTV and about 1/4 mile into our trip we spotted a couple of nice tahr. We opted to get out on foot, this quickly told me how out of shape I am for this. We made it 200 yards and I could not catch my breathe. It felt like all the cold air I was breathing in had froze my lungs.

We moved up some more and spotted the first one. While he was good just wasn't the size we was looking for. We kept moving up the mountain and by now we are 3/4 the ways up when we spot another just off the path for the UTV. We proceed to walk another 300 yards when we closed that gap to about 50 yards. Slowly easing our way I step out and come to full draw. He is 35 yards at the time

I get my pins on him only to realize his is facing away. I hold for what seemed like for however he doesn't turn, so I let down. He step I step maintain the distant. Then he turns perfectly broadside, I draw back settle the pins on him and release. The arrow looks like it is fishing tails and the strip hit my jacket sleeve. The shot was perfect height but a tad back. After hit was hit he bolted down the side of the mountain. This is where thing interesting.

I starting moving down the mountain as quickly as I could, felt like I was the man from snowy river, the only thing that kept me from really loosing was when I slip I fell backwards and slide on my backside while grabbing the only tree I could find which happened to be a thick brush with thorns in. The proceed to repeat itself a couple more times. One thing for sure fat guy is hard stop when he has some momentum

We continue this for a period on the morning and what seems like a bad shot that was going to end up with a lost Tahr we. We stayed mid way up looking down the creek in hopes to find him as the was no blood signs or arrow.

We come up to a bend and the guide was saying he could a Tahr. I couldn't smell nothing as my nose was running like the creek below.

Sure enough we spot him In want appear as a lion with horns staring at us as the sun was hitting his cape. He was in the other side of the mountain not moving just staring or that what we thought. We watched and no movement. We proceed to move in and still no movement. Still love in and high fives began to commence. I done it, first Tahr on my first morning of the trip. I can't begin to believe how lucky I was. The rest of story involved trying to pull this heavy beast out from below to a half flat area for pictures. This reulted in the whole one step forward equal 5 feet sliding back down. Hands are sore from all the thorns but the excitement and thrills eases the pains

Today I’m after a stag and a nanny tahr.

Comment

Working...
                                X