Who your lease neighbors are...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who your lease neighbors are...

The Knox County lease post got me to wondering. Do people really lease ranches based more on who the neighbors are than the merits of the actual place they are leasing?

Unfortunately I guess there are a lot that do that.

I leased my ranch based on the number of turkey and rainfall..

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      Yeah but you’re a weirdo.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        Very interesting.

Comment

Not more than the merits of the place but it’s definitely something to pay attention to. Couple bad neighbors can ruin a place with great potential.

Comment

Originally posted by bphillips View Post
            Not more than the merits of the place but it’s definitely something to pay attention to. Couple bad neighbors can ruin a place with great potential.
            The post was basically “who cares what the place is like it borders the Waggoner”

I understand the “bad” neighbors deal well.

Comment

Been on my lease since 1989 and never have met the folks who lease the surrounding ranches.

Comment

Originally posted by txwhitetail View Post
                Yeah but you’re a weirdo.

You know you do too Jr..

Originally posted by 125Dad View Post
                Very interesting.

Oh and rocks too. The more the better.....trace minerals and stuff..

Comment

It depends on who the neighbors are. If there's a place bordering the King Ranch I will be interested in it for that reason alone.

Comment

The Knox County lease post got me to wondering. Do people really lease ranches based more on who the neighbors are than the merits of the actual place they are leasing?

Unfortunately I guess there are a lot that do that.
                    We went into this place with an open mind not knowing the neighbors or the property owner. What didn't set well with us from the start was this turned out to be a sublease we were told we were going to get a signed contract but that never happened.

Comment

The post was basically “who cares what the place is like it borders the Waggoner”

I understand the “bad” neighbors deal well.
                      My new place is on other side of highway from the Waggoner but the place itself seems awesome. Lots of places are neighbors to the Waggoner though.
                      As said above, bad neighbors can ruin a good place in a hurry.

Comment

Why wouldn’t that be at least a piece of information to consider? If you want to shoot mature deer it would be prudent to consider if a multitude of small adjacent tracts shoot every buck they see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It's amazing how in the brush country 1 bad neighbor can destroy years of hard work. Probably one of the main reasons people high fence. If I know a place has respectable neigbors it makes it that much more appealing, and potentially the reason why I would or wouldn't lease a ranch.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                            It's amazing how in the brush country 1 bad neighbor can destroy years of hard work. Probably one of the main reasons people high fence. If I know a place has respectable neigbors it makes it that much more appealing, and potentially the reason why I would or wouldn't lease a ranch.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

^^^this
                            We had new neighbors show up in the last 2 years & saw our quality buck population practically plummet

Comment

Most are bringing up the bad neighbor deal. That’s an easy one. Point of the post is the guy didn’t care how the place was he was leasing all he cared about was who the neighbor was the deer would be coming off of.

Comment

Working...
                              X