Amazon Prime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Amazon Prime

I love my Prime and with 3 kids we order like Dems vote (frequently). But they are jacking their prices up again by $20 to $119. At what point does it lose its ROI/value to you?

Most of what I buy I could find locally, pay more but have it that day. Or find on competitors websites with competitive pricing and free shipping. But it is very convenient to order it all through 1 place and have a hub of online shopping. But it’s getting to where it’s place in our budget needs to be scrutinized

its value to me has been convenience and the option of free next day/2 day shipping or in some cases ..same day.
    it was a great value (underpriced)... so even at 119....its still hold value.. just stings a bit because you notice the actual residual for them...

Comment

It pays for itself in shipping, time, fuel to go to the store and costs savings for us in less than 2 month...maybe even less..

Still a bargain at $119 and the two days shipping is nice...

That doesn't even take into account the wife's benefits from books, videos and streaming movies. She is a Kindle junkie.

Comment

You are suffering from first taste is free syndrome... actually being charged close to what a service is worth hurts when you used to get it next to free...

Comment

We order enough from Amazon that even that $119 the free 1 or 2 day shipping is worth it . Add in the movies, music, photo storage etc, its a no brainer. Its going to keep going up no doubt but they will keep getting my money for a while.

Comment

I hate shopping. I like clicking a couple buttons online and having what I need show up at my office in a day or two.

Comment

I may be somewhat jaded, but I rarely actually receive anything 2 day shipping. Lubbock is super easy to get across and around so it’s hardly a thought to “run to town to pick something up.”

But it probably is completely worth it. Just wondering where the top is?

Comment

never

Comment

So even though on my Amazon account right now it says this:

Next Payment:
                  On January 12, 2019, you will be charged $99.00 for a year of Prime.

Are you saying that will change to $119? Maybe I'll screenshot it. And then when they charge me more I'll spend days fighting it. Then I can get TBH to boycott Amazon!

Comment

I still prefer to shop locally, and support the little guy trying to put his kid through college. Plus, when I hand over my money I want to walk out with it in my hand.

Comment

We just renewed. I find value in it, even at $119. Amazon doesn't have the deals it had a few years ago, but I like the convenience of it all. My wife does the music and movie thing on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                        It pays for itself in shipping, time, fuel to go to the store and costs savings for us in less than 2 month...maybe even less..

Still a bargain at $119 and the two days shipping is nice...

That doesn't even take into account the wife's benefits from books, videos and streaming movies. She is a Kindle junkie.
                        This ∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

Plus unlimited online storage of pic and videos
                        Prime Video streaming

Comment

We live in the country so 98% of our shopping is online. Even at $119 / year Amazon Prime pays for itself rather quickly. We placed 140 Amazon orders in 2017 and 45 orders so far this year.

Comment

The bigger question is how much is Amazon Prime costing us by making online shopping so easy? The $119 is nothing compared to how much my wife spent! And myself but we don't need to talk about that.

Comment

It’s still worth it at $119 to me. The shipping does add up if you order a lot. But when you add in the free kindle books monthly and all of the digital content from Prime streaming I think it’s still a deal

Comment

Working...
                              X