May be time to change residency.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May be time to change residency.

Several bills have been introduced in the Texas House of Representatives and are moving forward in the Texas Legislature. HB 401, authored by Representative Patricia Harless, calls for all vehicle registration fees to sharply increase.

New language in the Transportation Code calls for vehicles with a gross weight of 6,000 pounds (or less) to rise from $50.75 to $75, and then increase again*January 1, 2018, to $100. While this increase may not appear to be terribly severe, heavier vehicles will have a larger impact. An RV, for instance, weighing between 18,001- 25,999 will increase from $205 to $410 if this bill passes.

Please review the entire content of*HB 401. Feel free to contact the*Transportation Committee members, if you so desire. It would also be advisable to contact your Representative where you reside in Texas. You are welcome to view a copy of our letter to the Committee as an*example.

If we can stop the doubling of registration fees before it passes out of committee, that would be ideal, but this bill does require a Constitutional Amendment, which must be approved by the voters. This is an example of how important it is to carefully review and vote accordingly on Constitutional Amendments!

Note: Representative Harless has also introduced*HB 399

Harless is just a little hussy. Otto and the rest of the Lege won't stand for any tax/fee increases.

Comment

No arguing that this shouldn't be fought, but where would you go? What state would you take up residency?

Comment

Originally posted by JRL View Post
        Harless is just a little hussy. Otto and the rest of the Lege won't stand for any tax/fee increases.
        Otto is my rep, I'm gonna shoot him an email on this one.

Email sent.
        Last edited by Tmag; 03-26-2015, 10:53 AM.

Comment

Don't move to Colorado if price of tagging a vehicle bothers you. Colorado charges a percentage of value of vehicle. I bought an Excursion and the tags where almost $1800. And that was back in 2001.

Comment

A Republican put forth a bill to raise fees?

Comment

Originally posted by 1369 View Post
              Which is only part of the reason I'm an independent conservative.

Comment

Originally posted by 1369 View Post
                Probably not going far....

Comment

Huh imagine that raise taxes.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                    No arguing that this shouldn't be fought, but where would you go? What state would you take up residency?
                    Probably South Dakota. They are super RV friendly. Won't move there just change state of residence.
                    Last edited by 41Chevy; 03-26-2015, 11:08 AM. Reason: won't move there

Comment

Originally posted by 41Chevy View Post
                      Probably South Dakota. They are super RV friendly.
                      I....uh.....yep, I have nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by 41Chevy View Post
                        Probably South Dakota. They are super RV friendly. Won't move there just change state of residence.
                        and firearm friendly too!

Comment

Sounds like that b*&^% needs to voted out of office.

Comment

I don't see this this passing. But, I'm not paying $700.00 a year for my RV plates.

Comment

so you would move for a few hundred dollars?

Where would you go thats better?

Comment

Working...
                              X