Possible Austin BBQ Problems?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jackie Treehorn View Post
    Wow, you guys don't seem to like Austin very much. I love this city and I love the BBQ as well!

Franklin's is about the best BBQ I have ever had. The restaurant is in a residential neighborhood as well. It may smell fantastic, but I can see ANY smell getting old after a while. He has his smokehouse running 24/7, and its not just some little backyard BBQ pit. ITS HUGE

I can see how some people would have a problem with a 24/7 smokehouse running nextdoor to their house. I dont think it is because they are liberals. Maybe they just don't want to smell smoke every time they walk outside their house.

Just my thoughts. I dont have a dog in that race.
    Don't buy a house near commercially zoned property if you don't want to be bothered by businesses that may potentially operate there.

Comment

I was in Austin today and saw that on the TV!!!! What the heck??? That is downright crazy!

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
        LOL at the rednecks from the backwoods again taking shots at a part of Texas that is way cooler than where they live.

Currently Austin is still the BBQ Mecca of the state.

LOL.
        Because head banging city boys are better?

Comment

Wow!! Who doesn't like the smell of BBQ smoke

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
            LOL at the rednecks from the backwoods again taking shots at a part of Texas that is way cooler than where they live.

Currently Austin is still the BBQ Mecca of the state.

LOL.
            Well, that settles that!

Comment

Wow, you guys don't seem to like Austin very much. I love this city and I love the BBQ as well!

Franklin's is about the best BBQ I have ever had. The restaurant is in a residential neighborhood as well. It may smell fantastic, but I can see ANY smell getting old after a while. He has his smokehouse running 24/7, and its not just some little backyard BBQ pit. ITS HUGE

I can see how some people would have a problem with a 24/7 smokehouse running nextdoor to their house. I dont think it is because they are liberals. Maybe they just don't want to smell smoke every time they walk outside their house.

Just my thoughts. I dont have a dog in that race.
              So when your neighbors that moved from out of town into brand new condos that went up in your gentrified hip neighborhood decide they don't like the way you look/smell/feel/taste, you want the CoA to write an ordinance stopping you from looking/smelling/feeling/tasting that way?

Comment

Thank goodness I live closer to Lockhart to get my bbq fix. There is no bbq in Austin I would get on 35 for.

Comment

Originally posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
                  Keep fracing and the earth might open up and swallow it.
                  We can only hope.

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
                    So when your neighbors that moved from out of town into brand new condos that went up in your gentrified hip neighborhood decide they don't like the way you look/smell/feel/taste, you want the CoA to write an ordinance stopping you from looking/smelling/feeling/tasting that way?
                    Who said anything about neighbors moving in from out of town and why would that matter?

Who said anything about the way anyone looks/smells/tastes/feels?

Im not sure how you misunderstood what I said. I dont care about the circumstances. I would get sick of smelling smoke every time I opened a door or window in my house (you would as well.) Heck, I would get sick of smelling fresh roses every time I opened my windows or doors.

Comment

It is like moving next to an airport then complaining about the noise. Aquafest in Austin was one of the longest festivals in the country great time along auditorium shores. Went many years then the out of towners moved in and started complaining about the noise, the traffic etc. and it was shut down. All the money it raised went to charity. Libtards are killing this country.

Comment

Originally posted by texan4ut View Post
                        It is like moving next to an airport then complaining about the noise. Aquafest in Austin was one of the longest festivals in the country great time along auditorium shores. Went many years then the out of towners moved in and started complaining about the noise, the traffic etc. and it was shut down. All the money it raised went to charity. Libtards are killing this country.
                        People don't want to smell smoke when they walk out their front door and they are "libtards" that are killing the country. Very intelligent observation!

Comment

It's a lot bigger than Austin.

Comment

People don't want to smell smoke when they walk out their front door and they are "libtards" that are killing the country. Very intelligent observation!
                            So you're from out of town AND a liberal?

EDIT: I see you edited your post.

Comment

Who said anything about neighbors moving in from out of town and why would that matter?
                              the two large condo buildings next door are the source of the complaints.
                              Who said anything about the way anyone looks/smells/tastes/feels?
                              you did... BBQ... roses... ringing bells?

Im not sure how you misunderstood what I said. I dont care about the circumstances. I would get sick of smelling smoke every time I opened a door or window in my house (you would as well.) Heck, I would get sick of smelling fresh roses every time I opened my windows or doors.
                              Not sure I did.
                              The topic is the ordinance to stop BBQ places from offending their neighbors.
                              If you're just offering up that you you think you'd get sick of smelling something every or most days and don't mean that in the context of this thread my apologies.

Comment

I get tired of smelling and listening to citified liberal whiners. Can we get an ordinance for them?

Comment

Working...
                                X