Arrow question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arrow question

Ok so when I bought my bow I bought 1 three pack of High Plain Hunters. Spine size is 500 and they fly really good out of my bow. They are $30 for 3 though. I've already broken one though and can see I'm gonna need some more. I want to stick with carbon. I'll worry about hunting arrows later, so what would you guys recommend for a good practice arrow in the same spine size? I'll probably go ahead and buy a dozen.

$10 an arrow is about what I started out shooting. It was the Carbon Express Heritage arrows that my LBS carried.

Now I shoot about a $7 arrow... it's the same arrows, but I have the stuff to cut and fletch them myself so I save some $$$. Of course I have not paid for the fletching jig in savings yet, but the ability to fletch and re-fletch on my own time is worth a lot to me.

Comment

I may need to do that eventually. I just ordered another 3 pack of the same arrows to keep me shooting. I'll order a dozen of something here pretty soon.

Comment

The bleak truth nowadays is that arrows are not cheap anymore! If you are looking for something more economical, take a look at the Gold Tip blemished arrows that Big Jims Bow company sells.

Bisch

Comment

I've heard from a few different videos and such that the arrows themselves often need to be a better quality than even the bow...I know I shouldn't put too much into youtube videos but it's something to think about anyways...I've always shot Gold Tip arrows cause they seem tough enough to me but, others will say you sacrifice straightness etc....I'm not good enough to worry about how straight an arrow is, the longevity or durability of it (right now anyways) is all I'm thinking' about when I purchase....

Comment

Working...
          X