No announcement yet.

95 Dime

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installed the main part of the dash today.

Comment

I'm looking for a truck that looks just like that! Great job, waiting on the finish!

Comment

Time to update some,
        I have painted a few more parts for the interior. But there is so much pollen i have not finished the rest of the parts. Dont feel like messing up and have that under the paint.

Also i have decided since im in no hurry to drive it to go with a V8.
        Yup, im going to sell my running 2.2 (Complete) and auto transmission.

I have located a 350 4 bolt main with matching heads that needs a rebuild. Also purchased an 82 Chevy 3/4 ton with a 350 and auto transmission. Do not know if the truck has a 4 bolt yet or what tranny it has as of yet. But this is going to be a fun dime when i get it on the road.

This is how it looked when i got the engine. Looks pretty clean like it had a poor rebuild not to long ago since it didnt have time to get dirty.
        Took it apart and could tell it was a smoker. No cracks in cylinders or heads.

Here are a few images of the cast numbers.

Definite 4 bolt!

I will have some more images later of the old 82 chevy 3/4 ton later and engine in it.
        Last edited by tx07; 04-08-2010, 08:13 PM.

Comment

Well i got it out and the block is cracked on both sides. Doesnt matter tho, i have a block. And really just needed all the brackets and stuff for the engine. Bad news on the heads that was on the 4bolt main block i got earlier. The cast number indicates they are "Crack Prone". No way im going to spend money to put those heads on a fresh rebuild.
          The heads of the 82 are from a 305. So i may be still looking for some heads. But at least i got all the parts i needed for the engine accessories.

Comment

good job
            way to much for me though
            LOVE THRU CALVARY
            WILD BILL KATO
            RED NECK MINISTERS FER CHRIST
            24389 PARKER DR
            PORTER TX 77365
            281-883-6781
            "OUR NECKS MAY BE RED BUT IT'S FROM THE BLOOD THAT JESUS SHED"
            WITHOUT SUFFERING THERE WOULD BE NO COMPASSION

Comment

nice cant wait to see the finished product

Comment

Your not gonna be able to pull even a 4-wheeler with that thing.

Comment

Looks sweet thats gonna be a fun little truck. My buddy is big into mini trucks he has a tacoma that he is swappig a lexus motor into right now, I never really desired to own a little truck but i sure do like to check them out at the shows (airbags are awesome). Its even sweeter that you are doing the work yourself.

Comment

Well im kinda stuck right now, waiting on pollen count to drop out to finish painting interior parts and get them in.
                    Been looking at building the 4 bolt main i have or just find a running v8 and trans.
                    Looks cheaper to buy a car running and yank out the engine and trans.

But no matter i got plenty of time, the 2.2 runs and drives, just want to have a SBC in it lol.
                    " No need to pull a 4 wheeler with this truck" i have a daily for that work .

Comment

Little update,

Im not going to go with a carbed v8. I ran across a 1990 Caprice that runs and drives, it has been run into a ditch. $500!
                      So now i have a complete swap for my project.
                      I purchased manual temp and oil gauge to run this engine and watch it run to temp and examine the oil pressure.
                      So far so good it runs great! I have not decided yet if im going to do the swap or send it out to get it rebuilt anyway before putting it in.

Couple Engine pics.

Here is a video of it running. "Starting it up and shutting it off, she starts up great. The ticking you hear is the fan tipping the broken fan shroud.
                      [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_BqSybOvbQ"]YouTube- Tue, 20 Apr #2[/ame]

Here is a video of it running,
                      [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5u_VafpIgY&feature=channel"]running[/ame]
                      Last edited by tx07; 04-20-2010, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Can't wait to see it finished, awesome job so far!

Comment

You know what 4 wheeler guys say?
                          "Lowriders are for guys that can't get it up!"

Comment

Looking great so far, keep up the hard work

Comment

I had a '91 Nissan that was slammed ... this thread brings back lots of good memories.

I'll be following along!

Comment

I had an 89 Nissan on the ground.

Comment

Working...
                                X