winch build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

winch build

Finally got the portable winch rigged up. Installed front receiver hitch and built the cradle. Ordered the fairlead and thanks to Luck of the draw (tbh member) I got some quick connects
    I'm ready for the"badlands" of Crowell Tx now! Still need to run my wire to the back, but it's operational on front.
    Attached Files

Looks pretty good. Smart idea

Comment

You'll never be stuck now

Comment

Originally posted by mission venture View Post
        but everyone else will be calling you...

Comment

I have the same setup on my truck. Receiver on front and rear for wench. I also made a heavy duty set of jumper cables that have a warn plug on one end. No more jacking with the battery and I can jump something from the back of the truck and have the tailgate as a work bench.

Comment

Originally posted by mission venture View Post
            You will get stuck worse! " I can just pull myself out "

Comment

I already had the winch from years ago. Was just sitting in shop for the "someday" vehicle to mount it on. We got a new lease this past season in Crowell, and it is a horrible mess when it rains. We slid off the road into a very steep ditch, took us about 2 hours to hand winch it out, all the while it's sleeting on us and about 28 degrees. I told my son then, this ain't happening again, I'm going to put that winch to use. I wasn't even aware of the front rec. hitches, but once I saw them, I ordered one. It may not be the best set up but it will get me out trouble like we had before. Hopefully it will all hold together and I won't melt the wiring lol.

Comment

Are yall running solenoids on the cables with quick connect plugs? I've always wondered about the ending up under water and shorting out.

Comment

No I didn't. But the only "hot" wire is off battery, if I'm that deep I'm screwed anyway! Lol. It won't be hot to the back unless I plug it in to the front.

Comment

Working...
                  X