Turkey On The Frio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turkey On The Frio

My wife and I were setting on the porch of a cabin we rented overlooking the Frio River. It was about 6:45, drinking our coffee, I hear turkey gobbling in the distance.

I grab my phone and using the Primos app, I call this one up to less than ten yards. Too cool!

Please excuse the bad cell picture.
    Attached Files

Wild Turkey and the Frio, I have that T shirt from my younger days Yall have fun brother!

Comment

Here is a second one I called up. He whipped that first one and took charge. My wife had never seen them do the strut and drum thing and videoed the whole thing.
      Attached Files

Comment

Jeffro reminded me that it is against the law to call them using an electronic device. I'm glad I wasn't hunting.

Comment

I think Jeff might needs to read up on his TPWD hunting regulations. This is straight out of the section of the Hunting regulations titled "Means and Methods" (turkeys are NOT migratory game birds):

Calling devices (including manual and mouth-operated), recordings, and electrically amplified calls may be used to hunt game animals and game birds, except electronic calls may not be used to hunt migratory game birds, unless allowed by special regulation.
          Bisch
          Last edited by Bisch; 04-20-2012, 10:31 AM.

Comment

guess i missed it. when did it change, as for ME. it don't matter.
            i'll stick to a slate and diaphram,
            use'n something like that would be like shoot'n them with a 243 out of a tower blind... not my thing.

Comment

Originally posted by JEFFRO View Post
              guess i missed it. when did it change, as for ME. it don't matter.
              i'll stick to a slate and diaphram,
              use'n something like that would be like shoot'n them with a 243 out of a tower blind... not my thing.
              I've used diaphragm calls, slate calls, box calls and I don't mind giving one a telephone call I called a lot of turkeys over the phone

Comment

Cool.

Comment

I have never called a turkey with my phone but I have had some turkeys call me on the phone.

Comment

Cool, I have an app on my phone and did the same last year on vacation while visiting Mt Vernon...ole George would have been proud of me!

Comment

Working...
                    X