Compound arrows for traditional?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Compound arrows for traditional?

Cabelas has some arrows for 30.00 for 6. one of the reviews said he loves them for his recurve. would the spine be too stiff? just want some practice arrows to stump shoot with

I don't think so, No.

Comment

No way to tell based on that info. What's the spine rating, and the specs of the bow you would be shooting them with?? Even then, the best someone could do would be to get you in the ballpark.

Comment

As Roger said we would have to know more info on the arrows, and on your set-up to know if they would work or not.

Bisch

Comment

If your looking for some arrows go with carbon express heritage

Comment

i shoot carbon arrows.. i prefer the beman realtree or classics. I shoot the 400's.
            i either us insert or heavy bh to give me 225grains total tip weight cut at 29" works great for me
            I also shoot 55 and 60lbs. If the arrows are stiffer you might be able to put a heavy insert and heavy tip but your FOC will be pretty extreme. Above setup will get right around 15%FOC. I have tried the carbon express heritage 250's had a "smart" moment and glued the 100grain inserts in with goat tuff. now I have to shoot around a 85-100grain point.

my point: There are lots of combinations you can do(length,inserts, point weight) to get the spine where you need it... but sometime the extras add up and now you have turned a cheap arrow into an expensive one. ok I might have put a little more than my $.02
            Last edited by brent.westbrook; 02-07-2011, 06:02 PM.

Comment

oh yeah, the problem with a lot of arrow designed for wheelie guys is that after you get your spine right, you end up with a lighter than prefered total weight. so keep that in mind as well when looking for arrows.

Comment

Depends on the spine and weight up front and draw weight, length of draw, lenght of arrow.

Comment

BTW there is no such thing as a recurve arrow or a compound arrow. Only arrows that have been dressed for one or the other.

Comment

thanks for the info. think i will have to stay with my traditional only.

Comment

Working...
                    X