Spring Guns and Ammo gunsmithing feedback

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spring Guns and Ammo gunsmithing feedback

Anyone used them? Feedback good, bad or ugly. Have a shotgun want to get cerakoted. Thanks Ray

In for the information.

Comment

Ryan has built a couple of upper end rifles for a friend of mine and they shoot really well. I have not seen his cerakote work but I would expect it to be good to go

Comment

I only went once for some info when I was building my first AR. I was totally in the dark regarding what caliber to go with, building vs buying, etc. I was looking for some guidance. I have no idea who he was and I'm sure it isn't typical of the rest of the staff, but the mustached guy at the shop had no interest in talking with me. I'd ask a question and he'd say "you don't want that. How about this?" ... pointing to a $3k gun on the wall. We went round and round as he suggested rifle after another without answering any of the Qs I had. Went down the road to another shop and the Owner sat down with me and we pretty much did a crash course in AR building. Components, calibers, etc. Spent an hour talking to the guy. Ended up buying a complete AR and $1000 titanium can.

I don't expect every sales associate to drop everything they're doing to answer some "stupid" questions. I just cant help but wonder if I would've been treated differently at Spring if the associate (again, not reflective of the entire staff) realized that the scruffy kid in sweats was planning on dropping $2500 on a complete AR and suppressor...

Sorry to derail, OP. I've heard lots of good things about Spring Guns. I'm sure their Cerakoting is just fine. I just wanted to share my singular experience. I won't be back.

Comment

I've never seen anything from them but I heard a lot of good from there. You might check out Lone Star Weaponry LLC. in Tomball. They are veteran owned and operated and do good work.

Comment

They are working on a shotgun of mine right now. The gunsmith is behind the building? They seemed really nice when I was there.
            Joe

Comment

Watch out for negligent discharges in the little waiting area. That's all I got

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I recommend RYAN to anyone , I know him well and he knows his stuff !!

Comment

Thanks guys

Comment

I don't know about the one on Spring Cypress but the one in the Woodlands has some pretty good people in it. I have went in there a few times and always welcomed in and had good conversations and ended up buying my Glock from them.

Comment

ive bought several guns from them had several worked on from them and I had a good expierence. The last gun I bought they let me live fire 3 different guns before I chose the one I now have. They didn't charge me for the range and gave me a free case of bullets. as far as gun smith. They young guy that helped me was ex military and had an answer for every question I asked.

Comment

Working...
                      X