No announcement yet.

Speckled Trout Reel - Shopping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having pretty much owned them all over the years I've always liked Shimano reels.

Then I got a Lew's Custom Inshore SLP reel and have to say that it's probably one of, if not the best reel that I have ever used.

I bought another after fishing with the first one so I would have two as I typically wadefish with two rods.

It's not cheap but it is by far not the most expensive reel out there.

For me it does everything that I want in a reel.

Comment

I've got a 13 Fishing Concept C, but I prefer the little $120 Inception, they make a saltwater version and they've been great little reels, and don't break the bank. And I fish often.

Comment

Curado with a 7’ or 7’6” rod. Even a citica if you save a little.

I throw a Calcutta with 7’6” Falcon coastal for crackers. citica with 7’6” Allstar Classic for plastics. Citica 200dpv with 7’ medium heavy Allstar Classic for bottom fishing. I have Abu Garvia Revo S set ups, and many other older citica and Curado set ups for fresh and salt water

Comment

I like the "Old" Curado reels but the newer ones are not as good, (info from Fishing guides)...The Lews seems to be the one that guides are using...May self if I'm only fishing a few days in a years time the newer Curado should hold up...

Comment

Last year’s Shimano Curado K was a big step up in performance on previous year models. Easily one of the easiest fishing most powerful cranking reels out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep, you are going to get tons of answers. After extensive research, I recently picked up a Lews bb1 inshore and a fishing 13 concept A. Both are low profile reels (which is what you want) and are proven work horses. You definitely wont be disappointed with either one.

Lews bb1

Concept A

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Find you an older Curado or Citica in good shape with good rod and you’ll be set for a long time. The rod is more important than the reel. Don’t get too stiff of a rod, get a medium light action. Good luck.

Comment

I'd go curado if I didn't have one but my next reel will probably be a less. Been hearing a whole lot of good stuff about them but I have no first hand experience. I know for a fact my shimanos hold up well

Comment

Shimano's good stuff...been using a Chronarch 50mg for a long time, magnesium frame is light, you just gotta keep after it when finished fishing salt...my top water reel is a Curado, green one...7.1 ratio or something like that...them reels are real...Custom Laguna Rods, medium light...stiffer rod for tops, sensitive rod for touts/tails....they've handled as big as a 32" Red....
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mojo View Post
                      Shimano's good stuff...been using a Chronarch 50mg for a long time, magnesium frame is light, you just gotta keep after it when finished fishing salt...my top water reel is a Curado, green one...7.1 ratio or something like that...them reels are real...Custom Laguna Rods, medium light...stiffer rod for tops, sensitive rod for touts/tails....they've handled as big as a 32" Red....
                      this right here....the 50Mg is hard to beat, the 100's are great too if you want a little more reel.

Keep them clean and they'll last forever.

d

Comment

When the guy that rebuilt 3 reels for me last year offered to buy a 20 year old chronarch for 150 bucks and said he can keep the older stuff running longer between cleaning and needing new parts vs. the new stuff. That pretty much told me I have no need to replace what I have till its no longer serviceable.

My 15 year old has been through 2 lews in the last year. Granted his where on the low end of their line, they still arent working properly. My wife bought one of the upper end ones last year. We'll see how it does

98% shimano in my boat bass to back bays. The only exceptions are my penn battle spinning reels and some 5000-6500 ABUs for bigger fish and popping corks

Comment

Lews, Shimano, 13 Fishing Concept

Comment

Hope these replies cleared it up for you. I'm a Lews guy!!

Comment

awesome real for the price too.... lews lite

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for Lew's TLL1H Team Lite Speed Baitcasting Reel at the best online prices at eBay! Free shipping for many products!

Comment

Thanks, I really appreciate all of the insight.

Comment

Working...
                                X