No announcement yet.

Cops suck!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The ticket is in the mail (you confessed to driving 80!). Just kidding, good post!

Comment

Originally posted by zac221 View Post
      Go to DPS website and forward your write up. That way he can have the atta boy added to his file. Helps the fellas out and let’s them know they’re appreciated and that they’re e doing it right.

This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by super_dave View Post
        Cops do suck. But troopers are pretty nice most of the time. That’s why they’ve given me so many points! A few more and I can pay to keep my license!
        Sounds like the only thing that sucks is your driving.

Smileyface

Comment

Great story. Thanks for sharing the positive experience that so often gets pushed aside.

Comment

I recently had a similar experience with a DPS Trooper and was just given a warning. Mutual respect and honesty goes a long way.

I can't believe how some of you guys pick on a vertically challenged fellow TBHer.

So, I'll leave y'all with this oldie.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrjStSqu_w4"]Randy Newman - Short People - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

he still took the opportunity to run your info when you had done nothing wrong,glad you had a positive with one,

Comment

To the above post

He ran Kevins info cause anytime we help a motorist, we have to print the car and driver information on a ticket like receipt and turn it in to document the motorist contact and our time doing such activity. Plus when we put someone in our car for a courtesy ride, it’s is supposed to be put in our computer so dispatch will know exactly who is in the car with us. Just FYI in case someone wondering why he ran his info.

Comment

Originally posted by trooperjd View Post
                  To the above post

He ran Kevins info cause anytime we help a motorist, we have to print the car and driver information on a ticket like receipt and turn it in to document the motorist contact and our time doing such activity. Plus when we put someone in our car for a courtesy ride, it’s is supposed to be put in our computer so dispatch will know exactly who is in the car with us. Just FYI in case someone wondering why he ran his info.
                  That makes perfect sense.

A few years ago in Wisconsin I was visiting my hometown. One of my friends has a son with CF and they have a big fund raiser every year. I stayed at the tavern until about 1:30AM and was walking home (it's a small town) rather than drive. One of my friends who is a deputy Sheriff saw me walking and asked if I wanted a ride. He put me in the back of his squad car and took me the rest of the way home. I had texted my wife to let her know I was on my way, she was a little freaked out when she saw him pull in the driveway . My only complaint was I wish he would have picked me up sooner.

Comment

Originally posted by nothinbutwelves View Post
                    he still took the opportunity to run your info when you had done nothing wrong,glad you had a positive with one,

Now I want you to try your absolute hardest to think about this. I can tell already, that it's gonna be a struggle...but I want you to try real hard...

Why would any officer let someone he hadn't looked into, ride in the front seat of his patrol vehicle? You know, up there where anyone who got in could potentially do something stupid and kill him at any moment...even a midget. If you don't understand that, then I hope they make you ride in the back, and I'm certain the next time you do, won't be the first:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I think you should get an infraction for a misleading thread title and making me read a wall of text under false pretenses. I already had my rebuttal primed and ready and now I've got nothing to say.

Comment

Great thread, there are a lot of great LEO's out there.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckc. View Post
                          If you really appreciated what he did report it through proper channels. Another Trooper can't report it. It becomes a part of his permanent service record which is available for review during a promotional opportunity. When he retires he will be asked if his wants to retain that service record and most do. He will read it and relive how he performed in his chosen profession. Those little commendations will mean a lot to him.
                          I did find the link for the compliment email, and sent it in.

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                          He prolly thought you were late to your circus act.

Originally posted by Lynn21 View Post
                          He shoulda tazed you for buying cheap tires.
                          I'll let you look up the price on a Nitto Ridge Grappler, 33/12.50R22

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                          Probably thought you were a half-grown child on the side of the highway and stopped to rescue you from being sold into the sex trade. Once he realized you were as big as you'd ever be, he felt sorry enough for you to give you a ride.

I bet he had to taze and/or shoot the next two people just to meet his quota.
                          LOL

Originally posted by nothinbutwelves View Post
                          I guess if you had a warrant, or a suspended license, it'd bother you. I had no issue with it, and was just appreciative that he ran it pretty darn quick.

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                          Now I want you to try your absolute hardest to think about this. I can tell already, that it's gonna be a struggle...but I want you to try real hard...

Why would any officer let someone he hadn't looked into, ride in the front seat of his patrol vehicle? You know, up there where anyone who got in could potentially do something stupid and kill him at any moment...even a midget. If you don't understand that, then I hope they make you ride in the back, and I'm certain the next time you do, won't be the first:
                          How many times have I told you that I prefer "little person"?

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                          I think you should get an infraction for a misleading thread title and making me read a wall of text under false pretenses. I already had my rebuttal primed and ready and now I've got nothing to say.
                          Trust me when I tell you that I've had more sideways dealings with Michael, than I have with troopers! He's like the interweb Gestapo!

Comment

His name is Dustin and I have passed on your regards. Thank you for the compliment.

Comment

I also sent the thread to his captain....who will be worried to open the thread on state email...

Comment

Him running your license will now be on your permanent record and will follow you the rest of your life

Again, thanks for sharing your positive experience. We need to continue to hear more of these encounters.

Congrats to the Trooper. Keep up the good work and Thank You for what you do.

Comment

Working...
                                X