Gun safe recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gun safe recommendations

I'm building a new house looking to purchase a gun safe to go with it but to be honest I don't know the ins and outs of them. I'm open to any and all recommendations and would like something 50 guns or better. I don't have a budget in mind but It will factor in like everything else.

Thanks for the insight.

if you think you needs 50 gun safe, buy a 100 gun safe

an advertised 50 GS will probably hold 25-30 scoped rifles

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
      Gospel ^^^^^^^^

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

We've had a bunch of these discussions...I'm a fan of AMSEC B&F series.

Comment

If you are building a home, build a vault into it and shop for a vault door.

Comment

I like the Cannon's. Costco has a Safari that's descent.

Comment

See you're out in Huffman... do yourself a favor and go to Lone Star Safes on 1960 just West of 45... Let those folks show you the difference between a real safe and a residential security container (often referred to as a "safe")... a real safe can be judged somewhat by its weight... a 50 gun safe will weigh close to 5,000 pounds maybe more! Since you're building a new home, if you are not too far along, visit these folks and look at their Graffunder safes and vaults... All these Canon's Liberty's, Browning's, etc, etc. are RSC's NOT safes. Now all you may want is an RSC, but you owe it to yourself to learn the difference. Check out www.lonestargunsafes.com

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                See you're out in Huffman... do yourself a favor and go to Lone Star Safes on 1960 just West of 45... Let those folks show you the difference between a real safe and a residential security container (often referred to as a "safe")... a real safe can be judged somewhat by its weight... a 50 gun safe will weigh close to 5,000 pounds maybe more! Since you're building a new home, if you are not too far along, visit these folks and look at their Graffunder safes and vaults... All these Canon's Liberty's, Browning's, etc, etc. are RSC's NOT safes. Now all you may want is an RSC, but you owe it to yourself to learn the difference. Check out www.lonestargunsafes.com
                I bought my current safe from them and will get my next one there. He told me he'd take my old one on a trade in.

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
                  This is exactly what I would do if I was building new.

Comment

This! A walk in vault beats a safe any day.

Comment

I love my safe, but I'm thinking of a walk in room in my next house.

Security mesh in the walls, 3 layers of type X rock and a high security door should do as well as most any RSC.

The Amsec and Sturdy brand safes both make a nice product that is very customizable. I own a Winchester.

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately" - Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post

an advertised 50 GS will probably hold 25-30 scoped rifles

Have you used the rifle rods to organize a safe?

I'm considering them for mine, as it is filling up
                        gun storage, gun rack, gun safe, gun storage solutions, gun rack accessories, gun safe organizers, handgun rack, pistol rack, gun hooks, gun hangers, handgun hangers, rifle rods, handgun hanger, gun shelf rack, gun hook, gun safe hooks, gun display hooks, gun display stand, gun safe hanger, gun safety, pistol hanger, gun safe accessories pistol, pistol storage, rifle storage, storage gun, pistol safe hanger, handgun organizer, in safe pistol rack, hanger gun, handgun rack for safe, gun safe organizer, rifle stand, gun organizer, shotgun rod, gun rod, rifle gun rack, gun safe organizer, gun organization, gun rod kit, gun accessories, gun stand, guns accessories, gun display case, gun kickstand, gun display stand, gun stand, guns stand, gun stands, hand gun rack,

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately" - Thoreau

Comment

If you can`t do a vault , get the biggest , and the best you can afford. You will never regret it !

Comment

Cannon is good customer service. My house flooded and they replaced the safe. Free.

Comment

I looked into this but what is required to create a space that is fire rated? I have a 10x10 room that can be converted and have a safe door added but what else is required to get some level of fire protection?

Comment

Working...
                              X