Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best and worse days on the job as a volunteer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you all for the info. Corbell, I knew you didn't forget, we made do with it, only used it when we absolutely had to and it's not that bad to throttle with a set of vice grips. And don't worry about taking off, I have a crew of firemen from Up north that is going to spend the day at the house tomorrow to help pull Sheetrock.
    JTRichardson, if you'll give me the name of your company I'll give them a holler tomorrow. We are pulling everything except studs that are wet. All insulation and Sheetrock that is wet is coming out. I have several fans running now on them and plan on leaving them for a day in each room until I even begin to replace the sheet rock

Comment

Just now saw this. TTT for a fellow TBH'er that obviously lost a lot in the last flood.

What else do you need for your family? What else can we do, furnish, help, send etc. ??

Comment

Somebody set up a gofundme account for this guy & I'll gladly donate!

Comment

Bed and sheets received. My wife broke down to tears, she had no idea they were coming and it was well received.

This is the main pile of Sheetrock and insulation. We now have it all out of the house.
          Sure looks different inside. Could use any advice on how to restore this beauty back to original. This was one of the hardest things to see. Fortunately it did not make it over the fence and we should be able to salvage it.

Comment

Father on law was able to get us a "steal" on a camper so we could have the kids here with us. After an electrical fire, and now the living room slide is pouring into the cabin onto the dining table we are still positive we are here in this situation for a reason. Thank you for all of the messages and gifts that have been sent our way. My family and I have been blessed by knowing good hearted individuals still exist and there are more on the green screen than I ever could have imagined.

Comment

Insulation and Sheetrock came in yesterday morning. Doors to be picked up this evening, it's time to start the rebuild. Praying this goes smoothly. I wanted to upgrade two of the bathrooms anyhow. Now I have that reason.

Comment

Can you post up a list of essentials you guys may need? I would like to send something to help in some way.

Comment

Originally posted by Ag_Attack View Post
                  Can you post up a list of essentials you guys may need? I would like to send something to help in some way.
                  First off, thank you.

The kids love those little fruit snacks in an orange package and Capri suns. Towels and washcloths rugs and floor mats for the bathrooms, cooking utensils( we were able to scrub wash the metal ones but everything that had wood got chunked, a toaster, my wife had one of those little dishes that you put the smell good wax in to freshen up the bathroom and all of those wax's and the dish went under water. Tupperware of any size ( again something we thought would just rinse off that turned out to not be the case)

It's difficult to think of things we need like this still living in the camper but that should give you a few things to look out for.

Comment

Keep your head high and know that "this too shall pass."

I know it must be a royal pain in the backside dealing with all this.

One day you'll be telling this story with a grandkid on a knee and somehow have a smile on your face.( knowing through pure determination and a strong back you preserved.)

Comment

Working...
                    X