No announcement yet.

Food Plots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Food plots are ready, just waiting on some rain in the forecast.
    Attached Files

Comment

Going to get mine in the ground tomorrow have rain in the forecast Monday-Wednesday so I’m going to give it a go! Looking forward to the results and maybe I can draw a few more deer over!

Comment

Originally posted by KyleR1987 View Post
        Going to get mine in the ground tomorrow have rain in the forecast Monday-Wednesday so I’m going to give it a go! Looking forward to the results and maybe I can draw a few more deer over!
        Exact words I was going to post! Planting today and tomorrow

Comment

Originally posted by KyleR1987 View Post
          Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
          Exact words I was going to post! Planting today and tomorrow
          I went ahead and planted today, hope that the rains don’t skip us like they tend to do. Brenham, Bellville, and Fayetteville can all get hammered and we only get a drizzle so I’m keeping my fingers and toes crossed that we get a couple of inches at least this round either way, the seed is sown...I may be filling the sprayer this week and making several passes if the weather doesn’t cooperate

Comment

Top dressed 100lbs/acre of urea today. Forecast shows about 0.5-1 inch tonight. I planted 2 weeks ago and had good rain right afterwards. Most of plot is looking real good.

Comment

Had mine ready to plant was going to plant today and drag to cover. Had 1.2 inches last night so I just rutted up my field and broadcasted some oats on top of the ground. Suppose to get some more rain the next few days so we will see what happens.

Comment

We planted this past weekend, and hit it perfectly with the rain. Just hope we don’t get too much, and wash any of it away. I’ll top dress it with some fertilizer ina few weeks, and should be good. Not as worried about worms as the hogs, they will e working it over once they smell the seeds. Been hammering them this summer, but there seems to be more every time I check the cams.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
                  We will plant the 2nd or third week of October
                  Same here

Comment

Got the last of the seed spread yesterday, just in time for this rain event.

Comment

We’ve been getting a slow soaking rain for the last 36 hours, roughly 2.25” so far of steady rain...I just hope it doesn’t turn into a gully washer over the next 48 hours forecast shows another inch or so, which will be fine with me. Glad I was able to go ahead and get the seed in the ground now, since I’ll be leaving town in a few days and won’t be back till the second week of October

Comment

Working...
                      X