Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommendations on a good fletching tool?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommendations on a good fletching tool?

Getting geared up to start doing more of my own work with my arrows and am looking for a good inexpensive entry level fletching jig. I like the Bohning Pro Class from 3Rivers so far. I'm also looking to pick up an inexpensive feather cutting tool that will cut a 4" shield cut fletch.

Thanks for the advice and help with the addiction!
    Richard.

I've got a cheap Jojan Multi Fletcher that I've been using since the mid 80's. It has done a good job on plastic vanes and feather fletching both.

Comment

Arizona EZ Fletch.

Comment

I went with a bitz. Kinda pricey, but I like it. A Jojan multi would have beeny 2nd choice.

Comment

Bitz

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a grayling and a Johan multifletch. I bought a bits once but didn't find that it had any benefit over the grayling, so I sold it. My grayling is rw and the jojan is set for lw.

Comment

Thank you folks! Unfortunately now I've come up with another question. How much does the "helix" matter? Specifically on a right wing set up I've seen 8 degrees, 11 degrees and varying ?? degrees per inch of feather. I understand that more degrees probably means the arrow begins its' spin sooner and thus is more stable. Does one degree of twist vs the other matter? For reference I'm going with four 4 inch shield cut instead of the four 5" parabolic cut that I'm currently using. I like the look of the shield cut better.

Richard.

Comment

Love the Arizona EZ for the speed and simplicity, I have 3

Have a JoJan mono that is a great fletching jig

Bitz is a dang good one too

Can't tell you what difference varying deg of helical on the fletching does.

Comment

Originally posted by pondboss View Post
                  I've got a cheap Jojan Multi Fletcher that I've been using since the mid 80's. It has done a good job on plastic vanes and feather fletching both.
                  i have the same works great

Comment

Have a bitz that I have had for over 44 years. Still works the same as the day I bought it. I can lay a twist on the fletch that rivals any rifle bore. (JK) But it does a great job.

Comment

Originally posted by pondboss View Post
                      Can't be beat for the money.

Comment

Originally posted by oktx View Post
                        Arizona EZ Fletch.
                        This

Comment

Working...
                        X