Whats your favorite pork butt rub?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats your favorite pork butt rub?

I have the brisket, chicken, beef and pork ribs down where I can get a consistent product. Looking to expand and do some pork butt this Sunday for sliders, tacos, etc. Looking for a killer rub. Nothing too spicy as some women folk and chillins will be eating too.

Equal part. Salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and brown sugar to taste. Used this on my last PB. it was good.

Comment

I don't know anything about it except my mom use to cook pork roast and she cut slits into the roast and stuffed in cloves of garlic. Man, she could cook!

Comment

1/2 cup brown sugar (8 T)

4 T paprika

1 T blk pepper

1 T sea salt or kosher

1 T chili powder

1 T garlic powder

1 T onion powder

1 tea. cayenne powder

found it on a different website a while ago... change it up slightly for your tastes... the cayenne isn't very strong after all the cooking.

Comment

I like Plowboys Yardbird Rub. I use it on ribs and pork butt.

Comment

Originally posted by TB80 View Post

http://www.amazon.com/Plowboys-Yardb.../dp/B002TT46DM

Very good! I bought it in the 5 lb. bag.

Comment

Try this...

This is the rub I posted on here a couple of years ago...got all good reviews from the fellow greenies:

2 cups light brown sugar
              3/4 cup of salt of your choice (I use either Tonys or Tex-Joy as my "salt")
              3 tablespoons garlic powder
              2 tablespoons onion powder
              1 tablespoon black pepper
              1-2 tablespoons cayenne pepper (depending upon how spicy you want it)

Liberally coat the meat and let it go low and slow!

Let me know how it turns out if you use it

Comment

Aaron shares the secrets of TEXAS-style pulled pork. What to look for in the cut of meat, how to season and how to cook.Music:"Greenville Girl"(Keyton/Makows...

This I Aaron Franklin's pork, I have cooked it this way and we love it.

Comment

Grub Rub for me. It's probably pretty close to the recipes above minus the cayenne pepper. Grub Rub has a lot of sugar in it, and I'm guessing also salt, black pepper, and onion and maybe garlic.

LWD

Comment

Originally posted by LWD View Post
                    Grub Rub for me. It's probably pretty close to the recipes above minus the cayenne pepper. Grub Rub has a lot of sugar in it, and I'm guessing also salt, black pepper, and onion and maybe garlic.

LWD
                    That's what I use can't go wrong

Comment

cayenne pepper, Brown sugar....on smoker for 4-5 hrs....on a pork butt @ FD today..is good & not too spicy @ all..

Comment

Do y'all inject your pork butts? I never have and they have always turned out pretty good. Just wondering if I should try it or not?

Comment

This is how I do them. I either inject or brine overnight with apple juice. It came out good enough the first time I tried it that I have never done a pork butt another way. The cayenne, lemon, vinegar baste at the end gives it a perfect kick

Big Bob Gibsons competition team is known for some of the best pulled pork that can be had, and these recipe from them will give you just that.

Comment

Originally posted by TB80 View Post

http://www.amazon.com/Plowboys-Yardb.../dp/B002TT46DM
                            ^^^^^^^^^

Good stuff!

Comment

Texjoy

Comment

Working...
                              X