Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 San Angelo surrounding area season thread.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congratulations again Chad! Can I at least get credit for taking the picture? [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks Zach! For the pictures and helping me load him. We had another lease member take a Hoss of an 8pt that morning too.

Comment

2018 San Angelo surrounding area season thread.....

Originally posted by CMS View Post

Opening morning was a good one for me! I had a Sika bull come in at first light. Didn’t have him on any cameras. This is the first time we’ve had one on our place.

Wow! That is awesome man, congrats! Nice surprise forsure

Comment

Man what a gift! Looks like a good one

Comment

Got my feeder pen that the cows put a beating on replaced. Activity was relatively slow this weekend. Saw lots of young bucks and a pretty tall 8 that we’ve been watching for a few years. Just not good enough to shoot this early. Managed to shoot a doe Sunday morning before the feeder pen work. Gonna be back down this weekend for about a week hoping to see some rutting activity. November 13th seems to be our magic date.

Comment

Originally posted by 8pointer View Post
              Got my feeder pen that the cows put a beating on replaced. Activity was relatively slow this weekend. Saw lots of young bucks and a pretty tall 8 that we’ve been watching for a few years. Just not good enough to shoot this early. Managed to shoot a doe Sunday morning before the feeder pen work. Gonna be back down this weekend for about a week hoping to see some rutting activity. November 13th seems to be our magic date.

Man I like those panels!! Where did you get them? Sounds like the pre rut is in full swing on our place. Headed down Thursday night.

Good luck to you.

Comment

Originally posted by Jzoch View Post
                Man I like those panels!! Where did you get them? Sounds like the pre rut is in full swing on our place. Headed down Thursday night.

Good luck to you.

Thanks man. I got the panels at Jacoby’s in Melvin. I splurged on them for my other pen back in July and really fell in love with them. Easy to set up and look really good. The cows made me buy a 2nd pen sooner than I anticipated.

Good luck to you too this weekend!

Comment

Opening morning was a good one for me! I had a Sika bull come in at first light. Didn’t have him on any cameras. This is the first time we’ve had one on our place.
                  Sweet, make a alsome mount.

Comment

Thanks Zach! For the pictures and helping me load him. We had another lease member take a Hoss of an 8pt that morning too.
                    Awesome! Congrats!!

Comment

I took him to Shane Sanders Taxidermy up in Water Valley. He’s done some awesome work for me in the past. Have any of y’all used Shane?

Comment

Dang Good Sika!!

Comment

Congrats on the Sika. That’s a dang nice one.

Comment

I took him to Shane Sanders Taxidermy up in Water Valley. He’s done some awesome work for me in the past. Have any of y’all used Shane?

I have a handful of assorted mounts from Shane always does a good job.

Comment

Heck of a sika. Congrats on the kill.

Heading to the lease again Thursday evening. Hoping to get the wife on a management deer that has been very unpredictable thus far. Maybe the cooler weather will help him slip up one time.

Here he is last year.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1866.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.0 KB
ID:	24559535

Name:	IMG_1867.jpg
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	24559536

Name:	IMG_1870.jpg
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	24559537

And here he is this year. Any guesses on age?

Name:	IMG_1833.jpg
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	24559531

Name:	IMG_1834.jpg
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	24559532

Comment

Originally posted by RascalArms View Post
                                Same here for us in NW Schleicher county last weekend. Lots of dink bucks are trying to chase but the few mature bucks we saw showed no interest in the does. These deer sure aren’t hungry right now as feeder activity is slow. Saw decent numbers but many just skirting the pens without even hitting feeders.

Saw some new bucks, but had the same thing happen, multiple times deer came out, walked with in 5 foot of the pen and didn't look twice.

However movement was good most mornings especially after the cold spell on Friday.

Comment

Working...
                                X